Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADMINISTRATOR

4 posters

Go down

ADMINISTRATOR  Empty ADMINISTRATOR

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:23 am

I'M SETTING THIS TOPIC UP FOR EVERYONE TO POST TO WHEN THEY HAVE QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH HOW THE SITE WORKS. I KNOW WE ARE ALL LEARNING AND GETTING USE TO IT. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE ANSWERS TO SOME OF THE MORE OBSCURE TRAITS OF THIS SITE....OUR ADMIN SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP OUT. SO PLEASE....POST THEM HERE !!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

ADMINISTRATOR  Empty Re: ADMINISTRATOR

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:51 am

Forgive me, lovely lady, but PLEASE STOP YELLING. Razz  You must be channeling George.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:02 am

Actually no, I’m not yelling...it’s twofold. The print on my iPad is so small that it’s hard for me to read and I didn’t know if it would make it easier for others to read, also. I can’t seem to enlarge the print. Secondly, I was trying to set this topic apart to get it more attention by both members and our ADMIN.

I’m not sure where this part of my comment should go, but since this topic was to try to help members with issues related to the site, I will post it here. I noticed that when I use my laptop to come to the site, I kept getting these Norton messages in the lower right hand corner of my screen about malicious attack being attempted and malicious-ware on the site. However, I don’t get anything like that when I use my iPad. This makes me think about the discussion we had  about hackers targeting Microsoft products.

I just saw at the top of the screen two green bars....one says “download” and the other says “play”...I did neither!!! Does anyone know what that’s about????
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:37 am

Karen-B wrote:Actually no, I’m not yelling...it’s twofold. The print on my iPad is so small that it’s hard for me to read and I didn’t know if it would make it easier for others to read, also. I can’t seem to enlarge the print. Secondly, I was trying to set this topic apart to get it more attention by both members and our ADMIN.

Agree about that. Smile  Don't know how to enlarge print on iPad, but I explained to Arnelle how to do it on Windows PC, by holding the Ctrl key and rolling the mouse wheel.

Karen-B wrote:I’m not sure where this part of my comment should go, but since this topic was to try to help members with issues related to the site, I will post it here. I noticed that when I use my laptop to come to the site, I kept getting these Norton messages in the lower right hand corner of my screen about malicious attack being attempted and malicious-ware on the site. However, I don’t get anything like that when I use my iPad. This makes me think about the discussion we had  about hackers targeting Microsoft products.

I think this might be the same error message Arnelle was getting.  If the laptop is Windows (I think you said you had one Windows PC and it was your laptop?) that's what I have and we have the same Norton protection, so I can't imagine there could be something wrong with this site.

Karen-B wrote:I just saw at the top of the screen two green bars....one says “download” and the other says “play”...I did neither!!! Does anyone know what that’s about????

I don't see those.  Can you give me a screenshot?  Download I can understand (I think), but "play"??  WTF is that!  No idea.

Karen, I have SO MUCH to post here about stuff I'm learning about this site.  I find something new all the time.  I just found an icon at the far right on the toolbar for this window.  It says "Switch Editor Mode" in the tooltip.  It seems to do the same thing as pressing the Preview button does.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 am

Jim, I sent the screen shot via email.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Karen, I saw the screenshot. But it was a data file, not an image. If you got my email, I explained how I "decoded" it. I definitely don't have those buttons. I have no idea where they came from or what they do.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 am

Just got on here and now this morning, at the top of the screen, I have two bars...the one on the left is green and says ‘watch’ and the one on the right is red and says ‘download’. Of course there is no way I will do either. I’ll let Bill do that....since he knows how to fix things in case something goes wrong😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

ADMINISTRATOR  Empty Did you miss the memo?

Post by KapaauBill Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:14 am

Aloha Karen and Jim,
It appears as though you missed the memo or maybe it is just a little late getting there.  I know that USPS is having delays so I stuck them in bottles with corks so they would stay dry and threw them as far into the Pacific as I could.  While you were being informed of the election, it was taking place and I am proud to announce that you tied so you were made Co-Administrators of the forum.  Either that or maybe there was a bit too much rum in those 5 bottles I needed to empty prior to sending them floating your way.  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing
pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat
Yes a Pirate for each bottle

KapaauBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:50 am

Memo, Memo, what Memo??? I read EVERYTHING on here!!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Karen-B wrote:

Just checking out this feature. I'm wondering if it "tags" a person. I got this from the quote bubble in the quick reply.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Shawna_P wrote:

Just checking out this feature. I'm wondering if it "tags" a person. I got this from the quote bubble in the quick reply.

I guess not. scratch

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum