Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Amendment

3 posters

Go down

2nd Amendment Empty 2nd Amendment

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 am

The Democratic Governor in Louisiana did something right!  He signed a bill to loosen the restrictions many municipalities in the state were passing to limit gun ownership.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

2nd Amendment Empty Re: 2nd Amendment

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:17 am

Woo hoo! Up hear in the northeast, unless you have a note from God (or are a former police officer), you ain't gonna get a permit.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

2nd Amendment Empty Yep!

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:25 am

There are only a few other neighbors on the block but at one time I knew everyone had at least one gun. I picked up another box of ammunition recently. It seemed like a good idea.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:56 am

Schefstad wrote:There are only a few other neighbors on the block but at one time I knew everyone had at least one gun.  I picked up another box of ammunition recently.  It seemed like a good idea.

When is buying more ammo not a good idea? 😂
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:14 am

That’s great! I love to see leaders doing the right thing. I need to get more ammo too. I’ll probably go shooting when we go camping this weekend. Honing my skills. 😁

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:04 am

Shawna_P wrote:That’s great! I love to see leaders doing the right thing. I need to get more ammo too. I’ll probably go shooting when we go camping this weekend. Honing my skills. 😁

I wanted to wish you a happy and safe weekend while you're camping.  If I may ask, where and how do you camp?  What I mean is, do you have a camper that you drive to the location?  Or do you just set up a tent with sleeping bags, etc.

I always went to NH (Newfound Lake) to my Aunts place.  They had these "cottages", that weren't the tent and sleeping bag kinds of things.  They were actually summer houses.  You couldn't stay there in the winter, because there was no heating in the cottages and the town didn't plow the roads, so you couldn't get down there.  All the amenities (stores and things) closed in the area for the winter because the tourists weren't there.  However, my Aunts cottage was the one that used to be the owners house.  He was the one that owned and rented out the various other cottages during the summer.  But, like virtually all the other sites just like it around the lake, he eventually sold off each of the cottages, and finally sold his own unit, which was the one that my aunt bought.  It had proper plumbing, heating, etc. because he was one of the few that stayed there year round.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:59 pm

JimS_61 wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:That’s great! I love to see leaders doing the right thing. I need to get more ammo too. I’ll probably go shooting when we go camping this weekend. Honing my skills. 😁

I wanted to wish you a happy and safe weekend while you're camping.  If I may ask, where and how do you camp?  What I mean is, do you have a camper that you drive to the location?  Or do you just set up a tent with sleeping bags, etc.

I always went to NH (Newfound Lake) to my Aunts place.  They had these "cottages", that weren't the tent and sleeping bag kinds of things.  They were actually summer houses.  You couldn't stay there in the winter, because there was no heating in the cottages and the town didn't plow the roads, so you couldn't get down there.  All the amenities (stores and things) closed in the area for the winter because the tourists weren't there.  However, my Aunts cottage was the one that used to be the owners house.  He was the one that owned and rented out the various other cottages during the summer.  But, like virtually all the other sites just like it around the lake, he eventually sold off each of the cottages, and finally sold his own unit, which was the one that my aunt bought.  It had proper plumbing, heating, etc. because he was one of the few that stayed there year round.

Thank you for the well wishes Jim!
We always camp "primitive" style. That is what they call it around here anyway. I always just called it camping. No camper trailer. Just tents, sleeping bags, toilet paper and a shovel. We usually build a fire pit unless we find a good spot that someone else has used and made a good fire pit. Jake did spoil me and got me a heater and an inflatable mattress for the first time. I was probably the most comfortable that I have ever been, while camping.

Jake and I both grew up in Wyoming and that is "Home Sweet Home" for us. We went up to the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest in southern Wyoming. Not too bad a drive for us. Several of the mountain roads were still covered with snow and impassible.

We had a wonderful time. Saw plenty of moose, deer, antelope, marmots, porcupine and of course caught plenty of trout too. Seeing the stars and milky way at midnight, in the mountains with zero light... priceless. Smile

It sounds like the last of those cottages would be nice in the winter for a hunting cottage.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:28 am

Shawna_P wrote:Several of the mountain roads were still covered with snow and impassible.

Oh boy.  Hard to believe there is still snow anywhere by this time of the year.  I am trying to remember, Mount Washington is up in NH near where my aunt's cottage was.  I just took a look.  They have a webcam.

The Observation Deck webcam looks out over Mt. Washington State Park’s Sherman Adams Visitor Center observation deck, offering a view to the east-northeast. This camera, our most popular and longest-running view from the summit, is positioned inside the Mount Washington Observatory instrument tower. The image refreshes every five minutes during daylight hours.

Here's a link: Mt Washington Observation Deck

Shawna_P wrote:Seeing the stars and milky way at midnight, in the mountains with zero light... priceless. Smile

When you have lots of light, they call it "Light Pollution", right?  So you had zero light pollution.  Living just outside NYC, that's impossible.  When they light the spotlights from where the twin towers stood each year on 9/11, we can barely see them.  I could see them better/more clearly where I worked, but where I live, it's difficult at best.

Shawna_P wrote:It sounds like the last of those cottages would be nice in the winter for a hunting cottage.

Good thing it's in NH.  Anywhere else in the northeast, with the possible exception of Maine, there is no hunting allowed.  All these liberal New England states surely know how to take the fun out of life.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 pm

JimS_61 wrote: Oh boy.  Hard to believe there is still snow anywhere by this time of the year.  I am trying to remember, Mount Washington is up in NH near where my aunt's cottage was.  I just took a look.  They have a webcam.

I should have taken a picture of some of the roads. Not just a little bit of snow either, 6 feet or more in some places. Some of these roads won't open until mid July. We have snow markers on the hyws when the roads get that high up. That way the snowplow can actually tell where the road is supposed to be. Helps in blizzards too. I did get a picture at an observation point. This was at about 10,800 feet.

I checked out the observation website, that is pretty neat! Looks like a beautiful area!

JimS_61 wrote: When you have lots of light, they call it "Light Pollution", right?  So you had zero light pollution.  Living just outside NYC, that's impossible.  When they light the spotlights from where the twin towers stood each year on 9/11, we can barely see them.  I could see them better/more clearly where I worked, but where I live, it's difficult at best.

Yes, light pollution. I have it here in the Denver area too, but it doesn't sound nearly as bad as it is for you. That is a bummer.  Crying or Very sad

JimS_61 wrote:Good thing it's in NH.  Anywhere else in the northeast, with the possible exception of Maine, there is no hunting allowed.  All these liberal New England states surely know how to take the fun out of life.

Ugh. That's too bad. Hunting is a great way to provide good meat on a budget.

Hopefully these pictures don't turn out too big.

2nd Amendment Img_1211
2nd Amendment Img_1210

Shawna

Back to top Go down

2nd Amendment Empty Snow in the Mountains

Post by Schefstad Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Great photos!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 am

Shawna_P wrote:Hopefully these pictures don't turn out too big.

LOL...they did.  Too big is a relative term.  Space isn't expensive, so no big deal.  But if you mean landscape on your post, then yeah, they are pretty big.  But they're also "pretty" as in, nice looking. Smile

As you can see, I edited out the links to your pictures in my reply, otherwise we'd have 2x more landscape taken up. Smile
JimS_61
JimS_61

Shawna likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum