Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our New Home!!!

3 posters

Go down

Our New Home!!! Empty Our New Home!!!

Post by Karen-B Sat May 30, 2020 9:06 am

It is so good to be back together again. I have missed chatting with everyone this week since my eviction from BoP. But we have a new home and neighborhood and we can start adding new members now, I have to admit, I’m going to have to get use to all the new things in this new location. Sending love to all on this new day and new ‘home’!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Our New Home!!! Empty Re: Our New Home!!!

Post by JimS_61 Sat May 30, 2020 9:03 pm

"Eviction" LOL It's a beautiful day in the (new) neighborhood.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:26 am

Since we are building our new neighborhood, I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts about what they want or need from our new home. We are use to the minimal options that we had at BoP. We were topic limited and focused....like cyber security. We had the discussion page that we went to to see what was going on...as I said, as we find our way around here, you can go to your name in the upper right corner, tap on it and a drop down lists options. There is one ‘watched topics’, when you tap that it will take you to a list of all topics md you can select what interests you

Tell me what you want/envision for this home. I have always wanted a place that boils down to being a FB...WITHOUT algorithms, without being worried that our information is sold, where we can say what we want (within this sites rules) without sever backlash from strangers on the outside, and where we do lose jobs because of a post or opinion...or maybe not get a job because of a potential employer checking the normal media sites. I’d want this to be a safe place, where we can talk freely among our members. We obviously don’t a topic oriented agenda. It’s meant (to me) to be a place we can laugh, cry, vent, educate each other, and just talk about what is on our minds at a given moment. That’s what families and friends do for one another. So this is my hopes for here...now please tell me what and you would like😘💕
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:37 am

(So far) it is a beautiful day in our neighborhood! The sun is shining and it is the start of a new week. Let's hope (and pray) that this week is better than the previous one: for everyone personally, and the world as well. flower
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 am

I always love your sunny, positive post...thanks for that!!! I wish I was Iike that. I’m kind of intense with a dry sense of humor😘💕
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:59 am

Thank you, Karen. I try to be positive as I feel we all need more positivity now more than ever. I am glad someone likes my sense of humor. My husband hated my sense of humor. He never thought I was funny.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:10 am

Arielle, read the instructions about how to get to topics via the ‘watched topics’ and let me know if that helps the navigation of the site....see if that solves some of the site problems you’ve been having.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 am

Karen, it seems as if when I click on an individual's name, that is getting me that Red Malicious warning screen. So far I have been able to navigate here, other than looking at the profiles. Therefore, I will not look, or if I do, I will try to read it quickly before the Red warning shows up.... The instructions did help, thanks.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:25 am

ARNELLE wrote:Thank you, Karen. I try to be positive as I feel we all need more positivity now more than ever. I am glad someone likes my sense of humor. My husband hated my sense of humor. He never thought I was funny.

Simon's Cat channeling his inner Romeo!

Our New Home!!! Simon_10
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:34 am

This morning when I was going to check in here, I realized I feel very light hearted about this site...especially compared to BoP. Checking with BoP was done with a mix of dread and curiosity as to what was going on that day. There were many things I would have said to members (like the hand picked ones we have right now) but I didn’t because of some of the buttheads that were on BoP. The site really changed after CarolM became OB...I mean literally on that day!!! It was as if she ripped her mask off and became this other person. Even though we are learning a new site and how to navigate it...I do feel I am among friends and I feel more protected here than I do on FB or BoP. Since we don’t have any extreme restrictions here, I don’t think we need a catch all topic like we had at BoP...like Wandering Thoughts. We also don’t have over 800 topic discussions to have to sort through!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Some new thoughts about our home here. I am going to set up a couple topics for future use. Hopefully we won’t become the mess that BoP became. Since the thing that brought us all together and is a shared interest, I’m going to set up one topic and it will be for all things related to technology, scams, gadgets, information and updates. The second topic I will set up I’m going to call “Just Sayin’”. It will be the TOBoP version of “Wandering Thoughts”. On BoP, we had so many topics and if you read something in one post, thought about it and wanted to go back to post something...it was often difficult to remember which topic we saw it in. So then it would lead to a new topic!!! If there is something anyone would like to post and we don’t have an existing topic for (some of the topics will have a wide range...like the technology one) what you want to post...please feel free to begin a new topic. One of the beauties of this new forum is that we have the ability to delete a topic...I did just that today, with History 101. There wasn’t a need for any comments to it, it was just something I thought most might find interesting. I could tell that all had at least checked it out, so I saw no need to continue the topic. If anyone has a suggestion as to other topics we need...feel free to set them up. Unlike BoP, we have not only more freedom to talk about things here but we don’t have to pretend that something is related to particular topic, just to post a thought or opinion here. If anyone feels or thinks something could be done better...please pass it on!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 pm

OMG!! I didn't know OB = CarolM. I was going to say something to her about it being quieter over the past few weeks and she replied that it wasn't. I go every day and there are WAY less posts every day.
I gave a sideways swipe at George and OB today. I took a screenshot and will post here.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum