Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone!

4 posters

Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post by Shawna Sat May 30, 2020 10:49 pm

This is going to take some getting used too. Bare with me!
Who is all here?

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello Everyone

Post by Karen-B Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 pm

There is a tab at the top called member list . How did you get the picture up...Jim and I couldn’t figure that out/find it???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Re: Hello everyone!

Post by JimS_61 Sun May 31, 2020 6:53 am

I finally figured out the pic thing.  Really helps when you're on something bigger than an iPhone or a tablet. Razz
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sun May 31, 2020 7:09 am

Shawna_P wrote:This is going to take some getting used too. Bare with me!
Who is all here?
OK, I just am figuring out how to create a reply.  I don't see a description of the icon when you hover your mouse over it.  But anyway, I wanted to say I think you meant "Bear with me!", not "Bare with me!".  As I am making this reply that I have now figured out how to do, I'm fiddling with the formatting options.  Not necessarily intuitive, but much easier than BoP and certainly more "normal" like other boards I have been on.

What does bear mean? Bear functions as both a noun and a verb.

When functioning as a noun, bear indicates a large omnivorous animal. Clearly this isn’t the relevant meaning for the phrase at hand, so it must have something to do with the verb bear.

When functioning as a verb, bear means, among other things, to tolerate or be patient with. This is much more relevant to our phrase than a grizzly, growling mammal.

What does bare mean? Bare is an adjective and is defined as lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked. For example,

• He was bare from the waist up in the pool.
  • These walls are completely bare.
  • Do you usually leave your phone completely bare with no cover?
  • When you look at bare under this light, it doesn’t make much sense in the phrase.

While bear with me is a request for patience or tolerance, bare with me would be an invitation to undress, which is clearly not the intended meaning.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sun May 31, 2020 7:20 am

Shawna_P wrote:Who is all here?

At the top there is a link for "Memberlist".

There are a whole bunch of icons at the top used for all kinds of things when you compose a message.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun May 31, 2020 7:28 am

This new home is kind of exciting with its many options, in so many ways. I hope everyone will explore and post as they get use to all the new toys at your disposal here.Things might have been very different for me at BoP had we had the private message ability at BoP. I am slowly processing that experience out of my system!! I’m curious as to what they did about the pictures I posted while there. I know Shawna told me about everything being grayed out related to my posts (net that was quite a job 😂).....did they do the same with pictures???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Frustrated!

Post by ARNELLE Sun May 31, 2020 8:54 am

I am now able to get onto our site. However, each time I try to click and go to any other comment on here, I get the Red MALICIOUS Norton block warning. So I have to close that screen and re-log on. So please bear with me as well until hopefully this gets straightened out.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 pm

I hope this is how to reply properly.

Yes, Jim, bear with me! 😂
You will, and have already witnessed my education failures as far as grammar and spelling.
I have to laugh as I try to improve myself. That is going to be a lifetime however.

Do you like Weird Al? You might like this song
https://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc

JimS_61 wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:This is going to take some getting used too. Bare with me!
Who is all here?
OK, I just am figuring out how to create a reply.  I don't see a description of the icon when you hover your mouse over it.  But anyway, I wanted to say I think you meant "Bear with me!", not "Bare with me!".  As I am making this reply that I have now figured out how to do, I'm fiddling with the formatting options.  Not necessarily intuitive, but much easier than BoP and certainly more "normal" like other boards I have been on.

What does bear mean? Bear functions as both a noun and a verb.

When functioning as a noun, bear indicates a large omnivorous animal. Clearly this isn’t the relevant meaning for the phrase at hand, so it must have something to do with the verb bear.

When functioning as a verb, bear means, among other things, to tolerate or be patient with. This is much more relevant to our phrase than a grizzly, growling mammal.

What does bare mean? Bare is an adjective and is defined as lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked. For example,

• He was bare from the waist up in the pool.
  • These walls are completely bare.
  • Do you usually leave your phone completely bare with no cover?
  • When you look at bare under this light, it doesn’t make much sense in the phrase.

While bear with me is a request for patience or tolerance, bare with me would be an invitation to undress, which is clearly not the intended meaning.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun May 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Shawna, I am so glad you have humor...because I am in the same boat as you. However, the one thing people don’t consider is with this auto correct or when my iPad wants to be ‘my editor’ and just put what it wants into my writing😂😂😂 Another thing is that if the wrong word is spelled correctly, neither the spellcheck nor the person will always catch it. If I understand what the person is saying, I don’t really care about a typo or auto correct!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Karen

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:35 am

Yes, I agree! I was using my phone for everything until now. My phone does it's own thing and it can be frustrating. Anyway, I have decided that this forum really needs to be looked at and used with my desktop as it isn't really phone friendly. Although I did figure out the picture thing from my phone. Because I will have to use my desktop for this, I might not be on here as often. On the bright side I can use Grammerly!  Laughing

Karen-B wrote:Shawna, I am so glad you have humor...because I am in the same boat as you. However, the one thing people don’t consider is with this auto correct or when my iPad wants to be ‘my editor’ and just put what it wants into my writing😂😂😂  Another thing is that if the wrong word is spelled correctly, neither the spellcheck nor the person will always catch it. If I understand what the person is saying, I don’t really care about a typo or auto correct!!!

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Jim the sign is funny.

Arnelle, that really describes my mom as well. My sis is an English major, yet she never corrected me like that, surprisingly. I'm very self conscious of my writing and will often leaving things unsaid or unwritten if I can't find a way to express myself well. I was part of a country wide experiment to get rid of phonics. I simply never learned it, while my older and younger sisters did. My mom was always so frustrated with me. She would always say "sound it out". I honestly wasn't sure what she meant by that until I was older. I have had some good lessons from my kids in this COVID quarantine school at home. I told my son that I didn't learn phonics, but that I was trying my best. He said "Don't worry Mom! I will teach you phonics!" And sure enough, I'm learning. Slowly. Very Happy

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Judith has spent so many years correcting certain things in my grammar that I find myself noticing when it's right, and when it's wrong. There's one of those electronic self checkout things in the grocery store. If you notice, it always says "10 items or less". Judith pointed out to me a few times as bad grammar. The units at the store are new, but their sign says "10 items or fewer". I had to laugh because they got it right!
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:53 pm

JimS_61 I know I screw some things up, but that comes from the illness I once had....Let’s just say I am ‘wired’ differently than most people..
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty This is a test using Post a Reply, instead of using Quick Reply

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:27 am

I want to see how this works.  I don't know what adding a title to my reply does??
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:40 am

OK, this is in quick reply.  If you look at my post that I added a title to, it's different than all the others before it.  All of them are a Re: of the original name that Shawna_P used...which is "Hello everyone!" except for Karen's first reply, which for some reason, eliminated the exclamation point in her title. Razz.  I added a unique title to my "Reply to Topic" post and it says "This is a test using Post a Reply, instead of using Quick Reply".
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello Everyone

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:46 am

JimS_61 wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:Yes, I agree! I was using my phone for everything until now. My phone does it's own thing and it can be frustrating. Anyway, I have decided that this forum really needs to be looked at and used with my desktop as it isn't really phone friendly. Although I did figure out the picture thing from my phone. Because I will have to use my desktop for this, I might not be on here as often. On the bright side I can use Grammerly!  Laughing

Shawna, I was beating my head against the wall trying to remember some stuff I was doing here last night.  There is a web version that might work better on your phone.Hello everyone! Screen13

Holy moly that was hard to do.

JimS_61 I just tried a new way of posting to this post...rather than doing it from down the page somewhere. Anyway the screen shot that this is connected to?? I couldn't get my laptop to duplicate your shot, either. In a way, its kind of a pain learning a new system but also interesting as you learn new features. I also think it will teach us even more about computers and systems...get us ABOVE a basic system like BoP had.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:04 pm

I wondered the same. Also what is the difference between using the "+ and the "
in a reply?
JimS_61 wrote:I want to see how this works.  I don't know what adding a title to my reply does??

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 am

Shawna_P wrote:I wondered the same. Also what is the difference between using the   "+   and the   "  in a reply?

LOL...I've been fiddling with that "+ thing too.  I'm assuming you know what the " by itself does?  If you press the ", you get this window where you can respond and it quotes your response.  The problem is, it will post both your response to my response as well as your current response.  Have you ever seen those rooms full of mirrors where things look like they are going off into infinity?  That's what this is like.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:09 am

ARNELLE wrote:I attempted to delete my previous message as it was ridiculously long and duplicated. I figured out how to post a picture. IF this works it is for all the animal lovers.

I meant to say this yesterday about the pic you posted.   LOVE Romeo!!! Smile
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:05 am

Thank you, Jim. I would venture to say that Romeo is the purrrfect companion for me. Would you believe that when I cornered him that time and tried to file his nails, he twisted and turned to try to get away. However, this purrrfect cat did not growl, hiss, or attempt to bite me!
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes, you mentioned that the last time with trying to file his nails, wasn't quite so bad. Most kitties get used to things after a while. I guess you just have to be persistent.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:01 pm

Shrewd little old cat knows when and when not to come into the bathroom. I guess he senses when I have the nail file on my walker tray.. Twisted Evil
It's funny. I was outside earlier today and saw way down the block, a mobile grooming van. By the time I started to walk that distance, they had pulled away. However, I think I know the people and their dog. So if/when I see them, I can ask them to give me the name of that groomer. Hopefully, they will cut cat nails.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:37 am

ARNELLE wrote:Shrewd little old cat knows when and when not to come into the bathroom. I guess he senses when I have the nail file on my walker tray
How funny is that!! 😂
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:57 pm

JimS_61 wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:I wondered the same. Also what is the difference between using the   "+   and the   "  in a reply?

LOL...I've been fiddling with that "+ thing too.  I'm assuming you know what the " by itself does?  If you press the ", you get this window where you can respond and it quotes your response.  The problem is, it will post both your response to my response as well as your current response.  Have you ever seen those rooms full of mirrors where things look like they are going off into infinity?  That's what this is like.

I'm wondering if the "+ responds to all the posts instead of just the one you are on?

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum