Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protest Around The Country

+2
Schefstad
Karen-B
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty Protest Around The Country

Post by Karen-B Sun May 31, 2020 11:37 pm

Is anyone else sick of all the protest, burning and looting yet?? None of it is really is about the dead man. How does looting and burning a business down, do anything for the dead man??? Someone mounted something on my FB page with a broken heart and asking how this could happen. It’s a travesty all the way around but gosh...do you think it could have been avoided by not committing a crime by trying to pass a counterfeit bill in a deli...that made them call the police in the first place??? How many businesses and neighborhoods have been burned and looted when a white person is killed by the police??? Duh, none that I can think of!!! I did a paper whenI was at the Institute of World Politics and in gathering my statistics (From DOJ) 90% of all crime is committed by 10% of the population...whereas the 10% that commit the crimes, make up 90% of the prison population.How does it make any sense to anyone that burning black owned businesses in black neighborhoods , by people who never knew the deceased....how does that help anyone??? They are are not honoring the dead man...they are just making so many other people’s lives that much more difficult!! And this is when flame throwers would be great for crowd control!! Thoughts anyone??? As if we didn’t have enough on our plates right now!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty PRAY for the USA

Post by Schefstad Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:37 am

So much anger.  I saw online where another innocent man was killed by 'protesters' while he was trying to protect his business in Dallas.  I also saw that President Trump was taken to a secure bunker about 9:30 pm local time in Washington D.C. because of the protests outside of the White House where more than 50 secret service agents were injured.  The irony is I thought everyone was still suppose to be practicing 'social distancing' in many of the places where the people are protesting.  To be more accurate most of these people are rioting!  And some are looting!  These people are not concerned about justice.  There is room for conscientious protests but no room for rioting!  It's illegal too.  

Also on Sunday President Trump tweeted that the United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.  It was reported that ANTIFA was burning down historic St. John's Church by the White House.  This country needs to return to its roots!  We need a moral compass.  We need GOD!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty Re: Protest Around The Country

Post by JimS_61 Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:55 am

Schefstad wrote:So much anger.  I saw online where another innocent man was killed by 'protesters' while he was trying to protect his business in Dallas.  I also saw that President Trump was taken to a secure bunker about 9:30 pm local time in Washington D.C. because of the protests outside of the White House where more than 50 secret service agents were injured.  The irony is I thought everyone was still suppose to be practicing 'social distancing' in many of the places where the people are protesting.  To be more accurate most of these people are rioting!  And some are looting!  These people are not concerned about justice.  There is room for conscientious protests but no room for rioting!  It's illegal too.

I just heard Judith talking on the phone with her daughter, who's in Buffalo.  They apparently tried to burn down the city hall building last night.

Schefstad wrote:Also on Sunday President Trump tweeted that the United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.  It was reported that ANTIFA was burning down historic St. John's Church by the White House.  This country needs to return to its roots!  We need a moral compass.  We need GOD!

ANTIFA should have been designated as a Terrorist Organization years ago.  Unfortunately, the previous occupier of the White House didn't have the same convictions as the current resident.

Again, what I've done here wasn't easy to do.  We're going to have to have a way to instruct everyone how to use this site.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 am

Well, I think CAIR is a far more dangerous group in the long run. There was a bill drawn up that I thought would be the very first thing after his oath of office, that he would sign. I think Qatar has named them as a terrorist group...don’t know why we haven’t.

I know what you are talking about in learning this new site and how to navigate it. As we all poke around learning it, as anyway comes across shortcuts, please pass your new found knowledge on to the rest of us. I found the easiest way to find topics is this: go to your name in the upper right corner of the page and tap on it...a drop down has the option of topics you follow....tap on that a list of all topics will come up. Tap on the one that you want to get to. I hope this helps everyone, as we find our way.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty Unfortunately, the only thing that surprises me about this

Post by KapaauBill Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:16 am

Unfortunately, the only thing that surprises me about this how long it took to happen.  I have been expecting an increase in crime since masks were required to go to public businesses due to covid-19.  Where I live it is much different than on the mainland but I have been talking to people who have lived here all their life as well as people who have moved to the larger cities on the island but the best reactions I received were from the manager of the local bank and the cashier at the department store in the 2nd largest city. When I mentioned that with the masks on everyone's face It almost felt like you had to be extra careful of someone carrying a gun and saying "This is a stickup!" The thought that both of them had was it is only a matter of time and a question of where it was going to happen.  My sister in California called me yesterday to tell me that the mall was being looted and that there was a county-wide curfew.  Fortunately, even though I live in one of the 10  cities/towns/areas in America with the most crime those numbers are very skewed since they are based on a percentage of the population affected and with 53 people per square mile 1 crime takes up to the top of the list. Also the chances of looting here are slim since everyone basically knows what everyone else on the island is doing.  With my connections, I even know who is hoarding supplies and exactly what supplies they are hoarding. Rolling Eyes

KapaauBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:01 pm

It has been really sad to see the destruction. In my city, the small businesses are just opening back up and are now being forced to close due to the protests and the violence, looting, etc. My husband's office is right downtown in the middle of this madness. People were supposed to start going into the office on Monday, but that keeps getting pushed back. At least he can work from home. Imagine all the people who don't have that option. It is heartbreaking.

I agree with Schefstad, we need to pray.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Does anyone really not believe that George Sonos is NOT behind the rioting and looting???? He finances and sponsors something like this every election!!!! Before it was the Ferguson riots, before that it was Occupy Wall Street. How do we forget this playbook of his???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Schefstad Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:12 am

There was a peaceful protest when locals prayed in front of St. Louis Catbedral in Jackson Square in New Orleans on Sunday. NOW busloads of protesters have arrived! Wednesday night has been filled with protests closing I-10 in New Orleans and at this hour they are marching over the Greater New Orleans Bridge and stopping traffic. Word is the protests will culminate on Friday when the protesters intend to vandalize and pull down the Andrew Jackson statue in historic Jackson Square. This is the last statue standing in New Orleans.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:28 am

Aren’t you all sick of all the supposed political correctness going on in this country??? I am so sick of them tearing down statues and destroying property in the name of justice or whatever they are calling it in any given week. Most of the perpetrators don’t even know enough history to know what they are tearing down!!! Lillian, Isn’t there some way that the police or National Guard could protect the statue (and just mow down the perps😂😂😂)??? The Washington Times has an exclusive headline article about how all this was planned months before there was any killing of anyone (that’s so typical of  Soros and his Tides Foundation). They just piggybacked on to it. Why is there really any discussion about the president being taken into the bunker...I’m sure it was because the secret service thought it should be down??? My only hope is that all the protestors get severe Wuhan and since they probably don’t have insurance either...they aren’t treated!!!! What retribution that would be😂😂😂 Yes, I’m grouchy this morning because CIA Boy was trying to start something with me about 11PM last night.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty New Orleans Police Department

Post by Schefstad Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Apparently the protest went too far last night and the NOPD in riot gear used tear gas to disperse the crowd trying to walk across The GNO bridge (also called the Crescent City Connection). They were told to go home which would be nice since many of them live far from here! I will say the NOPD is the BEST at crowd control! They work the Mardi Gras crowds every year so they have a lot of practice. We generally see very little disruption here but the agitators have stirred things up.

My 25-year-old nephew operates a crane unloading ships on the Mississippi River in New Orleans. Everything started to unravel late last night so my brother (his dad) was asleep but my sister and I started calling and texting immediately! We gave my nephew a head's up and directions on which streets to take to potentially avoid conflict and get out of the city safely when he got off work. Thankfully, he made it home without a problem. However, there's an uneasiness in The Big Easy at the moment.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks for the update Lillian...I get so angry with how stupidity just runs rampant in this country!!! I was listening to what people on the street are saying...including the protestors. TAKE ABOUT ENTITLEMENT!!!! Yep I just yelled that out...sorry if it hurt your ears. These people are about 5 generations past slavery and they still are trying to get unearned/undeserved money and things!!! First they should put the blame where it belongs and in the proper timeline and they should also learn their history!!! Muslims were the slave traders, to begin with...white men didn't go pick them up. Fate was rather good to them in the end...if they hadn't ended up in this great country...they would still be living in some of the poorest countries in the world!!!! They seem to either not know or don't count the fact that Jews came here as indentured slaves. Do you hear them playing the poor me/victim card???? Be sure to read the article I sent all of you with the statistics about all these POOR protestors in our country do have. As I keep telling CIA Boy, one party in our country couldn't get elected to anything without giving free stuff!!!! It also bothers me when they call social security and medicare 'entitlement' programs....duh well not they're not...we PAY/PAID for them over the years and still pay for medicare. They seem to forget all the people who paid into them and NEVER collected on either one of them. I have quite a few in my own family (and Gary) who fall into that category!!!! If they knew their history they'd know when FDR came up with this brilliant plan (that based on the life expectancy at the time) no one was going to live to collect it!!!! Thanks for letting me vent...it averted a heart attack LOL!!!!

Shawna and Lillian...my grandson is either just finishing up or is back from going to Durango, CO for crane operating school.

Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:14 pm

The only thing I can add to this conversation is disbelief that our once wonderful nation has turned itself so violent and upside down. Sadly I predict a civil war will become the outcome. I sadly believe this is only the beginning of the end. God forgive me for thinking this and pray that I am wrong.

Karen, you mentioned in another comment that you get a Malicious Norton warning on your iPad (?)... That red screen is what I am still getting if I try to look at anyone's profile.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:15 pm

No, I only get a warning on the HP Windows.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:11 am

Karen-B wrote:No, I only get a warning on the HP Windows.
Hmmm...must be something about the Windows PC then.  I bet Arnelle is getting the same message on her Windows PC.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty More Protests

Post by Schefstad Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:02 am

I forgot to mention that the protests were continuing in New Orleans on Friday. Also on Friday a black man ran his vehicle into the front of the Target at Hammond Square Mall in Hammond, Louisiana. That parish (we have parishes instead of counties) is still part of the metropolitan area. He got out and started shooting and they cleared the mall. Thankfully, no one was injured and he was subsequently arrested. There was also a bomb threat at the Dollar General & Sanderson Farms in the same area.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:26 am

I just can't stand the insanity anymore!!!! Just read two articles that pushes me of the charts!!!! The first article said that psychopaths will not practice social distancing...do you think the riots are bearing this out??? Why in the world are all these other countries protesting something that happened in our country??? When was the last time anyone rioted in our country or in any other country when a white man is killed by the police??? This happens far more often than a black man being killed by police!!! That is DOJ statistics!!!! With 80% of the population being classified as mentally ill now, I'm not sure if I am more concerned about food shortages than I am about the nutcases roaming around without an orderly right behind each and every one of them. I still think flame throwers are the ideal weapon for crowd control!!! Why is everyone going around apologizing for things they have nothing to do with or do not need to be apologized for??? I refuse to be politically correct...because to be politically correct you are part of the 80% mentally ill.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:07 am

I just had a very very horrifically, frightening thought. I just read Karen's comment and had a visual image of people with guns knocking on doors and if you open the door and are white, you are shot then and there! (God forgive me for this image now in my head.)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Karen-B wrote:Thanks for the update Lillian...I get so angry with how stupidity just runs rampant in this country!!! I was listening to what people on the street are saying...including the protestors. TAKE ABOUT ENTITLEMENT!!!! Yep I just yelled that out...sorry if it hurt your ears. These people are about 5 generations past slavery and they still are trying to get unearned/undeserved money and things!!! First they should put the blame where it belongs and in the proper timeline and they should also learn their history!!! Muslims were the slave traders, to begin with...white men didn't go pick them up. Fate was rather good to them in the end...if they hadn't ended up in this great country...they would still be living in some of the poorest countries in the world!!!! They seem to either not know or don't count the fact that Jews came here as indentured slaves. Do you hear them playing the poor me/victim card???? Be sure to read the article I sent all of you with the statistics about all these POOR protestors in our country do have. As I keep telling CIA Boy, one party in our country couldn't get elected to anything without giving free stuff!!!! It also bothers me when they call social security and medicare 'entitlement' programs....duh well not they're not...we PAY/PAID for them over the years and still pay for medicare. They seem to forget all the people who paid into them and NEVER collected on either one of them. I have quite a few in my own family (and Gary) who fall into that category!!!! If they knew their history they'd know when FDR came up with this brilliant plan (that based on the life expectancy at the time) no one was going to live to collect it!!!! Thanks for letting me vent...it averted a heart attack LOL!!!!

Shawna and Lillian...my grandson is either just finishing up or is back from going to Durango, CO for crane operating school.

The slavery issue should be over. It was wrong and we should learn from the mistakes. The same as our history with the Native Americans. That is why history is so important, to learn and grow, not making the same mistakes, hopefully. I have family that fought in the Civil War to help free slaves. They did something amazing and I'm proud of that. I have other ancestors that didn't come to America until well after the Civil War and had nothing to do with it. If we go far enough back, we can find slaves in so many cultures and countries around the world. Wasn't the year of Jubilee for freeing the slaves and forgiving debit? Of course, I could go on... I think the important thing is what we make of our current situation. Are we going to let our past (in this case our great grandparents past) destroy our lives or are we actually going to make the most out of what we have?

Something interesting, to me anyway, my great-great, etc grandfather came to the Americas when he was young. He was an indentured servant in Plymouth Mass, he came on the Mayflower with his master and his masters family, leaving all his own family behind. He fell overboard the Mayflower and almost drowned. I'm guessing this wasn't his dream job. When he earned his way out of servitude he really made something out of his life. He is the ancestor of many Americans and is remembered in his Great Grandson's poem, "The Courtship of Miles Standish". I'm glad he persevered and helped to shape America.

On the other note, Durango is a really nice place or was! I haven't been there for several years now. Did your grandson like it there? Smile

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:15 pm

You have a very interesting family history!!!! He didn’t say, all I know the crane was his new, guy toy!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty Be Prepared

Post by Schefstad Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:23 am

Arnelle et al.,

It's good to think about things.  Be vigilant.  Know who's at your door before you open it!  Things are bound to escalate between now and the election in November.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Psalms 46:1
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:00 am

Instead of defunding a blaming the police for everything, why aren’t the putting the blame where it really belongs....on the scumbags (that is a law enforcement term) that are committing the crimes in the first place. Why weren’t they rioting about the Minneapolis Somali police officer who killed the white woman from Australia???  If anyone thinks all this is anything but ABOUT politics....we’ll, I’ll leave that thought unfinished. probably the first and last time....I EVER leave a thought unfinished😂😂😂😂  I think the 80% figure for the number of people who are classified as mentally ill in our country is far too LOW!!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Karen-B wrote:You have a very interesting family history!!!! He didn’t say, all I know the crane was his new, guy toy!!!

A crane is a fun "toy" to have! Very Happy

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country Empty Protesters

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:49 pm

Shawna_P wrote:
Karen-B wrote:You have a very interesting family history!!!! He didn’t say, all I know the crane was his new, guy toy!!!

A crane is a fun "toy" to have! Very Happy

My grandson was in Durango working on some hotel there and then he's suppose to go to Denver for about three more weeks of training.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:07 pm

I am so tired of all the looting going on. I heard one of them who was angry because some store owners were guarding their property with AK-47s (I use to deal those things years ago when they were illegal to have in the states. I once cut a tree down with HK PM5). She thought she should be allowed to go in there and loot....after all, "They have insurance". Now you see why police should have flame throwers for crowd control!!!! I watched surveillance cameras in a jewelry shop in the Bronx...some looters came and literally destroyed the store...before cleaning it out of merchandise. They were there from 8PM-5AM. The owner said they had insurance but wasn't sure how much it would cover...but they will also have to now be closed for the rebuilding of the store....AFTER having been closed for months over Wuhan!!! These are perfect example of why law enforcement call them scumbags!!!!

I received an email from GW Hospital this afternoon with them putting out this BS about how they are standing in solidarity with these movements, I emailed them back and told them to never send me anything like that ever again!!!!! Everyone seems to forget what happened when the Civil Rights Act was passed back in the 60's. So many of the people it would have benefitted from all of it, squandered it. Then we had to deal with 'reverse' discrimination. These people who want everything free...including college. Well, everyone I know has degrees and some multiple (even Paul has a masters) and not one of them has a college loan to pay off. It doesn't occur to the younger generation to go into the service and earn their degrees while serving. Even my husband Bruce, worked three jobs at one time, to put himself through med school. He was also a scholarship student...Gary chose the work and joined the service while in college to help pay for his med school and then did time in the service afterwards....he too was a scholarship student. AND they didn't need safe rooms on campuses!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:41 am

Karen-B wrote:I received an email from GW Hospital this afternoon with them putting out this BS about how they are standing in solidarity with these movements, I emailed them back and told them to never send me anything like that ever again!!!!!

OMG I got that in an email from America's Test Kitchen.  There was a banner at the top saying "Message from our CEO" or something like that.  When I read it, it was all about how they support the movement(s), are reevaluating all of their departments, sending all employees to sensitivity training, 🤮

I wrote them an email and asked them to please not put that stuff in their emails about cooking.  I said if they want to do it, fine, but put it on their main webpage or something!!  I said I don't think ATK is discriminatory at all, but if they want to make some changes within their company then go for it.  But if we're going to those kinds of cooking sites in the first place, we probably have enough intelligence and awareness to understand what's going on and deal with it ourselves.

Geez.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum