Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protest Around The Country

+2
Schefstad
Karen-B
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Re: Protest Around The Country

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:54 am

I posted a reply to a post on my FB page by a friend and basically said that I was sick of all this and the looters...that if one didn’t want a bad encounter with the police...don’t COMMIT crimes!!! There was so,e crazy looter acting like the looting was OK because businesses carried insurance...now that I think about it, I think I expounded on this thought in my previous post. People don’t seem to understand all this isn’t even about racism!!! You have people who can’t plan past lunch, voting!!! They have no idea what’s at stake or what even the real issues are....VOTING!!! I still haven’t seen anything in our media about the sanctions Trump put into place with the ICC...but gosh, he was STANDING up for American, Americans, and our allies!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Ditto

Post by Schefstad Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:12 am

I've received emails from many of the companies I do business with explaining how they will contribute to scholarship funds and implement programs for minorities.  I responded to PetSmart who said they will contribute ten million dollars to a scholarship fund for people of color.  I pointed out that if this doesn't include the color white then they are racists and this is reverse discrimination!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:19 am

Schefstad wrote:I've received emails from many of the companies I do business with explaining how they will contribute to scholarship funds and implement programs for minorities.  I responded to PetSmart who said they will contribute ten million dollars to a scholarship fund for people of color.  I pointed out that if this doesn't include the color white then they are racists and this is reverse discrimination!
As I said, the black communities squandered all the benefits when the Civil Rights Act was passed and everyone was on their bandwagon. I have no sympathy for them...they were getting preferential treatment over whites than they deserved. I do not have a black person as my BFF, but I have no issues with dealing with blacks personally. I know that a good portion of the black community is hating the things being done to our country right now, as much as we do. Especially when it’s being done under the guise of a black man.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Protests

Post by Schefstad Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:28 am

There was a Black Lives Matter march in Slidell (the city between here and New Orleans) last night but I heard the police would not allow the protesters to block the streets and the march was not very well attended.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:13 am

I too got the email from PetSmart. I also got a similar one from Target. My question is: Weren't there black people before all this happened? Why not protest when all the children and teachers were murdered? Why not Students Lives Matter? or Teachers' lives matter? AND as Lillian stated - Isn't white a color? (Technically both Black and White are not colors, they are considered shades!)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Protest

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:20 am

ARNELLE wrote:I too got the email from PetSmart. I also got a similar one from Target. My question is: Weren't there black people before all this happened? Why not protest when all the children and teachers were murdered? Why not Students Lives Matter? or Teachers' lives matter?  AND as Lillian stated - Isn't white a color? (Technically both  Black and White are not colors, they are considered shades!)
Well, white is the absence of color and black is ALL colors!! Well this is not about race, so why are we having this discussion??? I’m sick and tired of all of it. We have this BS before every election....why can’t people keep that in mind??? Exactly WHAT did Occupy Wall Street accomplish??? What did the Ferguson Riots accomplish???  NOTHING!!!! They are just trying to make sure Trump doesn’t win. Keep in mind if we lose this election we will lose our country and our freedoms. Do you see anything about what the democratic leadership(?) is doing or the kinds of people who are doing this BS...do you really want them running this country??? If you want them...please tell me why!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:29 am

I had a second reply taken down on FB this morning!!!

BTW, for some reason, this topic is showing posts on the second page, but for some reason it’s not letting me go there...HELP!!!😘💕
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty It's About Power

Post by Schefstad Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:33 am

Of course, it's about power! I simply point out that to exclude any race is insensitive and racist. I find it particularly absurd when someone is offended that you say All Lives Matter.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Booted

Post by Schefstad Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 am

Karen, are you trying to be booted out of every group?! You know what happens when you speak the truth 👢
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty booted

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:41 am

Schefstad wrote:Karen, are you trying to be booted out of every group?! You know what happens when you speak the truth 👢

Well, at least I'm consistent!!!! I think it would be a badge of honor to get booted from FB!!! One of our family members has managed to do this several times...I'm so proud of them!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Booted

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:14 pm

Karen-B wrote:
Schefstad wrote:Karen, are you trying to be booted out of every group?! You know what happens when you speak the truth 👢

Well, at least I'm consistent!!!! I think it would be a badge of honor to get booted from FB!!! One of our family members has managed to do this several times...I'm so proud of them!!!!

Ok last chance everyone, would you all prefer me to lie/sugarcoat things in everything I SAY OR DO??? I guess if that’s what you wanted I could try, but it won’t be me and I might just end up going silent. I really resent FB doing this to me and everyone else. Who do they think they are??? I have my settings so that things are only for close friends/family so why should any of have to worry about upsetting FB???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:19 pm

Just catching up on things here. I'm finally at my desktop. I couldn't agree with you all more. This goes far beyond race and has everything to do with politics. I fully expect things to get worse up to elections and if we elect the right guy, of course, we will see more riots. "Not my president", will raise its ugly head again. I wish these people would leave the country already.

Yep, Karen, you will get the boot from Facebook soon enough. No fear, they are political racists. They don't deserve your business. I opened an account on MeWe. They are newer and only a few of my friends are there. Not really a great place to catch up with friends YET. Hopefully soon though.

This is a guy in Colorado that is constantly in Facebook jail for his controversial posts. He has tamed down a bit so he isn't constantly off in jail. Just click and see what a black conservative has to say about all this craziness. Only one of many of our black friends that are sick and tired of all this nonsense that dishonors human life. https://www.facebook.com/RMBTP/

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:37 pm

JimS_61 wrote:
Karen-B wrote:I received an email from GW Hospital this afternoon with them putting out this BS about how they are standing in solidarity with these movements, I emailed them back and told them to never send me anything like that ever again!!!!!

OMG I got that in an email from America's Test Kitchen.  There was a banner at the top saying "Message from our CEO" or something like that.  When I read it, it was all about how they support the movement(s), are reevaluating all of their departments, sending all employees to sensitivity training, 🤮

I wrote them an email and asked them to please not put that stuff in their emails about cooking.  I said if they want to do it, fine, but put it on their main webpage or something!!  I said I don't think ATK is discriminatory at all, but if they want to make some changes within their company then go for it.  But if we're going to those kinds of cooking sites in the first place, we probably have enough intelligence and awareness to understand what's going on and deal with it ourselves.

Geez.

My sis is a food/fitness blogger. The blogging world is putting on the pressure to boycott anyone who doesn't take part in this nonsense and at the very least make a BLM statement. She is worried about her business since she won't support BLM. Her hubby is a cop.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 am

Aren’t you sick of the PC??? The removing the Indian from the Land O Lakes products and now Aunt Jemima from products, trying block GWTW movie...when do we start fighting back against the craziness??? Can anyone tell me why/how De Blaiso got elected in NY. If your wondering how many stupid people there are in NYC...just count his votes!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Aunt Jemima

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:37 am

This is becoming hysterical!  I grew up in New Orleans in the 1960's and my mother dressed me like Aunt Jemima for Mardi Gras!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:48 am

This goes all the way back. "Little Black Sambo" was removed from libraries, etc. many years ago! The first movie my parents took me to was Song of The South. (I'm dating myself.)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty It's Sad

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Goodbye Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben. I will miss you. It tasted so good while it lasted 😋
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 am

I know everyone knows about the order about police that Trump signed...too bad he couldn’t do a better job by enacting an order getting the criminals to stop being criminals, so they don’t this bad encounters with police!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Cracker Barrel

Post by Schefstad Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:58 am

My sister suggested (and I agree) that the word 'Cracker' be removed from the name Cracker Barrel since she and I have both been called a 'Cracker' on many occasions and it's racist! 😂🤣😂😁
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Cracker Barrel

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 am

Schefstad wrote:My sister suggested (and I agree) that the word 'Cracker' be removed from the name Cracker Barrel since she and I have both been called a 'Cracker' on many occasions and it's racist! 😂🤣😂😁

When my brother brought his wife home for a visit, a neighbor stopped in and when she heard that Shirly was from Georgia, the neighbor said something about her being a Georgia cracker....Shirly pouted for the rest of the day...she wanted to be called a 'Georgia peach'!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Juneteenth

Post by Schefstad Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:40 am

I hear we're supposed to be celebrating Juneteenth Day today! It's the celebration of the emancipation of the last enslaved African Americans in the Confederacy which was in Texas 🤔

Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Juneteenth

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 am

Schefstad wrote:I hear we're supposed to be celebrating Juneteenth Day today!  It's the celebration of the emancipation of the last enslaved African Americans in the Confederacy which was in Texas 🤔

Sorry, but at the moment I don’t give a damn about anything related to black anything!!! That is what all this BLM BS does to me!!!! Does it make me want to do anything for them...not in my lifetime!!! They are still playing the victim card FIVE generations later. Show me any other group of people who have been here that long...or longer...who is doing that. No wonder they are so good at singing the blues😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty I Understand

Post by Schefstad Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:53 am

I want a month and a national holiday too!!!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty I understand

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:47 am

Schefstad wrote:I want a month and a national holiday too!!!

I can’t believe how Netflix and Amazon have spotlighted all these ‘black’ movies, as if it was Black History Month. I hate all this being crammed down our throats.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Protest Around The Country - Page 2 Empty Toppling Statues

Post by Schefstad Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:45 am

The latest statue to be toppled is of a priest, Junipero Serra, in the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.  Also toppled were statues of Ulysses S. Grant & Francis Scott Key.  The 'protesters' are citing character imperfections in these individuals.  The irony is their behavior reveals an imperfect character!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum