Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO OUR SITE

2 posters

Go down

INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO OUR SITE Empty INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO OUR SITE

Post by Karen-B Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:56 am

This is only some SUGGESTIONS to consider when inviting new people to come in for a visit or to join us. I look for people among my friends to consider asking to join us. They are people who I am in very frequent contact with, see their post on my FB page and/or who email me often. These are people whose views you probably know very well...in a sense you will be the filter for knowing who is like minded in life, experience, political leanings and so on. Everyone may butt heads sometime in the future over something, but that's also what makes us think and maybe consider other views. The one caution I might make is about family. Some things that we feel free to discuss here, please consider how you feel about a family member joining...would it restrain you in any of your replies or topics??? That is the beauty here...we have the place and the freedom to say whatever we want. Would I want CIA Boy or my son on here??? Of course not...it would just end up being personal battles over politics with CBoy and a continuing family fight with my son. I can do both privately in other forums. My friend that sends me all the really interesting articles that I have shared with everyone, is someone I have known since 1972. He was one of the top court reporters in the country so he has lots of insights about law/legal cases, he's very much into health/medicine (of course he has done many cases related to medicine and malpractice), he is very conservative politically, is a little younger than myself , plays classical piano and loves animals. If this sounds like someone you might like to meet, please let me know. The other one I'm thinking of is half of a couple I met in Vienna in 2012 and we have stayed in touch over the years. He too is retired but is very smart, aware, and conservative. Its things he post on my FB page that keeps me getting in trouble with FB... LOL. But another one I would feel comfortable with him. I have even considered one of my best friends...my former colleague at DEA, to join us. He too is very conservative, smart and he's kind of a neighbor of Lillian's. Being in law enforcement could bring a perspective in what is happening in our world today. Again, if you think they might add something to our conversations, let me know. I have not broached anyone of them yet and would like your feedback before doing so. Always keep in mind, no one on this board has to agree with me on ANYTHING or ANYONE...you don't have to please me or just agree with me. I think that is one of the things some people don't realize about me. OB thought anytime I made suggestions about anything....she always took it that I was ordering others. I always stated what was behind my suggestions (usually to try to make life easier) when I stated them. Which is one of the reasons my posts tend to often be long...LIKE THIS ONE!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO OUR SITE Empty Re: INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO OUR SITE

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:26 am

You know, I put this up yesterday and I can tell others have at least looked at it, but there isn’t one comment or thought posted to it. If you all want some chaos makers on this site....believe me I can drum some up for you!!! I feel like I am talking to myself over here!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:14 pm

At this point, I'm not sure who I would invite. If you are comfortable with these friends that you want to invite, please invite them.

I think we need to know how to "tag" people so that they see when a post needs there attention. Maybe Bill or Jim knows how to do that?

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Shawna if you follow/watch topics, if you click on your name...top right...in the drop down, click watched topics. When you go there you will see all topics and it shows a fire to bring it to your attention. Also if you follow topics, it sends a notification to your email, with a direct link to a post. This is also an easier way to access the site,, without having to sign in each tie. So I keep a notification in my inbox just for when I want to drop in. Hope this helps.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:55 pm

Karen-B wrote:Shawna if you follow/watch topics, if you click on your name...top right...in the drop down, click watched topics. When you go there you will see all topics and it shows a fire to bring it to your attention. Also if you follow topics, it sends a notification to your email, with a direct link to a post. This is also an easier way to access the site,, without having to sign in each tie. So I keep a notification in my inbox just for when I want to drop in. Hope this helps.

Thank you Karen. I thought I was following everything, but obviously not. Neutral

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down