Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information Empty Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:11 pm

KapaauBill, you said that you lost five device coverage with the new switch to Norton 360. I don’t know which plan you were running, but I wonder if they had nothing close to what you were carrying. For me, what they moved me into was really what I was already carrying. Maybe they didn’t have an ‘equal’ to move you into. There are actually a lot of plans that cover 10 devices and I think there are two that have no limit on the number of devices.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information Empty Re: Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:17 pm

I sent everyone an update related to the great news of things that the President accomplished in a week, with one of them being his executive order, going after the social media for their protection that congress gave them 12 years to exempt them from law suits. The executive order will strip them of that protection. They have now filed suit against Trump to try to block his order!!!! It must really give them a lot of protection if they are trying to block the order!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information Empty Re: Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:16 am

The scammers are back at work in full force. I had six of the phishing scams in my email this morning and the only new thing seems to be that one of them used what appeared to be a Vietnamese name. Most were of them were of the “We’ve been trying to reach you” (so please give us the keys to your financial world!!!) type. I’ve only had two scammers who touched my heart and it was because both were honest with me. Though it didn’t touch me enough to unload any money on them😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:34 pm

I was on the Norton website related to the 360 email we all got. I really can't make heads or tails of what is going on. When it said we would be receiving the change to 360 in a few days, I assumed it was going to be done via our updates on our devices (one reason I thought it would done that way, is because I didn't think we had a choice and I thought Norton would make sure it got done. However on the website, I don't see any indication that it has happened and I don't want to get in a situation to lose five of my licenses like Bill had happen to him.. So my inclination is to leave everything as is until my renewal comes up in September. One thing I did notice today is that in the Ultimate Norton/Lifelock plan...title protection is included in the plan!!! I know that was something I brought up several times on the board....that plan also includes unlimited devices and lots of cloud storage.

JimS_61 I suspect you are playing with the site trying to find out everything about it (you are just as anal as I am about some things!!!). You talked about putting the information together and begin a new topic for all of us to be able to refer to....like "Site Navigation", "Site Manual"...whatever you want (just suggestions!!!).

I think I will delete the topic related to putting up one's picture, since we have all figured that out. As we have new people come in, we can always tell them how to do that. There were many people on BoP who never put one up. I just don't want us drowning in topics like they are at BoP. Please do not hesitate share new ideas or better ways of building our new home...right now, we are putting the 'foundation'!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:31 pm

It seems everywhere I look lately, there is a Norton and/or Lifelock ad running...as if they are really on some kind of blitz!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:56 pm

I too see a lot of their ads. Mostly they are on the higher number television channels. cat
(Forgive me, but I am playing around with color, size, and font.)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information Empty Norton

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 pm

ARNELLE wrote:I too see a lot of their ads. Mostly they are on the higher number television channels. cat
(Forgive me, but I am playing around with color, size, and font.)

They advertise on Beck everyday...both Norton and Lifelock.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:13 am

There has been two patches on Norton, in the last two days. One was to put up the new dashboard...I preferred the smaller one, but I guess it doesn’t matter in the long run.I know Bill is having issues with them at the moment (which isn’t quite clear to as to why). They have moved my subscription over to one that was equal to what I had (10 devices) and don’t understand why his wasn’t moved in the same way. My renewal doesn’t come up until September and I have to think about it...as far as protecting me and my devices...I have no complaints. No, I don’t like the IT people in India, since it’s usually hard to understand them. I have found Norton to be flexible in the cost of my plan (the renewal rate is about double, if you don’t negotiate with them customer service). To me fair, even at the full price for 10 devices...and as much time as I spend doing things on the internet...I think it’s a fair price. I keep getting McAfee solicitations but they did two things that would keep me from going back. First that added some package into my normal update and it really caused my computer to have real issues. When I called them to ask them to take it off....they wanted to charge me to do this....and this is software I didn’t know about before they downloaded it, didn’t ask for it, and didn’t want it. I’m sure no one here has a hard time imaging my fury at this😂😂😂. When I wanted to go check out Norton during this fiasco, McAfee had Norton BLOCKED so that you couldn’t;t get any information. The only way you could get to Norton, was to to uninstall the McAfee first. That sewed it up for me right then and there!!!!

I’m the last week, or so, I have been having some issues with my laptop and I believe it has everything to do with some update(s), just not sure which one. I may be talking through my hat...and I am not the most technical adept person in our family here. There is no reason to believe that the issues are related to just one update, and one app or company. 

LILLIAN....you and I both have Aol. When you click to go into your email, when your inbox comes up, do you get a message telling you that there was an error and to try again??? I get that every single time I go into the mail...so I think that it’s fair to say it’s an AOL issue.

There are apps popping up that I am not even clicking on (but I do have on my computer). I looked into the possibility of getting a new laptop (thought the one I have is fine and no real problems with it...guess I was in retail therapy mode😂😂😂). So I go to Apple to check theirs out. They have a new iPad Pro 4th generation, mine is 3rd generation and is only about 9 months old. Usually new devices are released in September and their big confab they have every year....they also have a new phone out. In the the information on the 4th gen iPad they were saying that as far as a laptop goes...the iPad is all you will need. I go into their laptops and they basically offer two...a 13 inch (the iPad Pro I have is 12.9”) and then they have a 16” laptop (for like $2800.00)!!! I think HP still has a gazillion models. since I don’t use any devices for ‘work’, I don’t have the needs for large amounts of storage and super duper cameras, so there really is neither need for me to get a new one. Though if the day comes I want one, I do believe I am going to switch to an Apple model. I really love Apple and they have great customer service...AND they are Americans...in America!!!!

One thing that has become interesting to me and I’m not really clear on this...so Jim and Bill...teach me!!! When there are issues going on with our computers, we seem to focus on whether it’s Windows or not. We have been seeing lately, how much models of computers can vary on what we are seeing when we have an issue. When we try to offer suggestions as to what the problem could be, we don’t consider the other apps we may have on our devices. George comes to mind  on this...I think he must run every security software/company that is out there on his devices!!! Anyway, one of the questions I have, is there anything that app developers do to vett their software with Windows, before putting it on the market??? I know Apple betts their apps before they put it in the iTunes Store.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:07 am

Karen-B wrote:One thing that has become interesting to me and I’m not really clear on this...so Jim and Bill...teach me!!! When there are issues going on with our computers, we seem to focus on whether it’s Windows or not. We have been seeing lately, how much models of computers can vary on what we are seeing when we have an issue. When we try to offer suggestions as to what the problem could be, we don’t consider the other apps we may have on our devices. George comes to mind  on this...I think he must run every security software/company that is out there on his devices!!! Anyway, one of the questions I have, is there anything that app developers do to vett their software with Windows, before putting it on the market??? I know Apple betts their apps before they put it in the iTunes Store.

One would expect they do have a department that vets things.  If you go to any of the Microsoft and/or Windows sites, there are all kinds of features that are released to "developers" that come out early.  That allows the community of users out in the wild to test things and report back if there are issues.  I had a problem getting iCloud to install on my Windows PC.  Long story short, there were two ways that Office suite could be installed.  The way they were being installed by the manufacturers, although tested, had a "bug" that only showed up when it was installed that way (i.e. as individual apps).  When I posted to try and get a solution to the problem, one of the tech people in the community explained to me that I had to uninstall what was there, and reinstall using a different link that would install the whole suite at once.  They said they had run into that problem, and that's how they figured out what was wrong and how to fix it.

But unfortunately, it's impossible to vet every manufacturers device and every varied flavor(s) of software that is installed on each machine, etc.

Crestron had a theory that they would want/need to get their new product out on the market before anyone else, in order to get the first big group of people that were interested in it, to get used to Crestron's product.  So they released products *knowing* they had bugs.  They preferred to get it out there and fix the bugs later, than wait to release it until maybe someone else came out with a similar product and got the market share.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Did anyone on here know that there was a Google News Channel??? Today is the first time I became aware of that. Somehow that makes my blood run cold!!! Since they are doing so much censoring...wht could possibly trust on there????
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information Empty Google News

Post by Schefstad Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:49 pm

The Google News is a feature on my cell phone. I can swipe to the news feed and scan the captions but I generally don't read the articles because of the leftist agenda. Occasionally, there are benign topics. I learned that the Hallmark channel will feature Christmas movies during their Christmas in July event and my mother will enjoy that.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Schefstad wrote:The Google News is a feature on my cell phone.  I can swipe to the news feed and scan the captions but I generally don't read the articles because of the leftist agenda.   Occasionally, there are benign topics.  I learned that the Hallmark channel will feature Christmas movies during their Christmas in July event and my mother will enjoy that.

Yes, but isn’t your phone an Android and isn’t that a google product?? It’s the first time I’ve seen it, so I think it must be new to the Al Arabiya site.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton/Technology/Gadgets/ Security Information Empty Android

Post by Schefstad Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Yes, my cell phone is an android & that's why it has Google News.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:34 am

Schefstad wrote:I generally don't read the articles because of the leftist agenda.

😂  Kinda limits what one can read/view nowadays, doesn't it!  I'm the same.  I can't remember the last time I watched anything other than Fox News for news related info.  I see the McLaughlin Group is back on.  I think that's the first time I was exposed to Pat Buchanan (that would have been in the '80s) and that got me going down the conservative path.  Elanor Clift has been there for ages, and she's still there.  I often have to turn it off because while I enjoy Pat, Elanor just gets on my nerves and I can't stand watching her. Evil or Very Mad
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:51 am

JimS_61 wrote:
Schefstad wrote:I generally don't read the articles because of the leftist agenda.

😂  Kinda limits what one can read/view nowadays, doesn't it!  I'm the same.  I can't remember the last time I watched anything other than Fox News for news related info.  I see the McLaughlin Group is back on.  I think that's the first time I was exposed to Pat Buchanan (that would have been in the '80s) and that got me going down the conservative path.  Elanor Clift has been there for ages, and she's still there.  I often have to turn it off because while I enjoy Pat, Elanor just gets on my nerves and I can't stand watching her. Evil or Very Mad

My news sources are GLENN BECK!!! FOX, DailyMail, TOLO, Al Arabiya, and BNI. I noticed no one had anything to say about BNI and I'm really not sure why...I did give you the background on the site and why it was started. Bonni does post about things going on with the protests and other political things...she is a conservative!!! She also keeps you up to date in what is happening around the world with Muslims...and don't kid yourself...they are very dangerous in any country they manage to get into, including ours!!! All information about them and their activities has probably moved t the very last page a of news....IF they are reporting it at all. I have a copy of Quran on my computer and I only got interested in Islam and Muslims because of Gary being in the dump. Then I started reading everything I could find. When you have moronic politicians telling you every time that it is a religion of peace...NO ITS NOT!!! Read their book!!!! When ISIS was first getting started and they started doing the beheadings...I was curious as to if it was really happening. I did a search and BNI had the videos of the beheadings. Bonni put them on her site because she wanted Americans to really know what Islam/Muslims were really about. If you don't know what they teach BNI has postings from the Quran to teach you. If you don't know all the things they are doing in other countries, you really need to learn...because if you don't know what their agenda is, you can't fight it. May I remind you of how Spain was under their rule and I think it took them 700 years to get their country back!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:57 am

I got side tracked with the above post, but though I wasn't paying close attention to my new Norton dashboard...I did this morning. I suspected that when Norton didn't give us a choice about the 360 upgrade, that if we didn't download it on our own, we would get it downloaded in an update...and I was right. That's what the new dashboard was about. I need to take the tour of it ad it does have a few new features. Wonder what the significance of the term "360" has...my bank is trying to move my account into a "360" account.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:12 am

Karen-B wrote:
JimS_61 wrote:

My news sources are GLENN BECK!!! FOX, DailyMail, TOLO, Al Arabiya, and BNI. I noticed no one had anything to say about BNI and I'm really not sure why...I did give you the background on the site and why it was started. Bonni does post about things going on with the protests and other political things...she is a conservative!!! She also keeps you up to date in what is happening around the world with Muslims...and don't kid yourself...they are very dangerous in any country they manage to get into, including ours!!! All information about them and their activities has probably moved t the very last page a of news....IF they are reporting it at all. I have a copy of Quran on my computer and I only got interested in Islam and Muslims because of Gary being in the dump. Then I started reading everything I could find. When you have moronic politicians telling you every time that it is a religion of peace...NO ITS NOT!!! Read their book!!!! When ISIS was first getting started and they started doing the beheadings...I was curious as to if it was really happening. I did a search and BNI had the videos of the beheadings. Bonni put them on her site because she wanted Americans to really know what Islam/Muslims were really about. If you don't know what they teach BNI has postings from the Quran to teach you. If you don't know all the things they are doing in other countries, you really need to learn...because if you don't know what their agenda is, you can't fight it. May I remind you of how Spain was under their rule and I think it took them 700 years to get their country back!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not read the Quaran. However, Ken did years back. The thing I remember most of what he told me is: They are not peaceful. They preach that if you do not observe the Quaran and Muslim beliefs you must be beheaded. I have no idea if that is what is written or not, but that is what I remember him telling me - many years back. If that is not so, please correct me as that is all I remember.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:38 pm

ARNELLE wrote:
Karen-B wrote:
JimS_61 wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not read the Quaran. However, Ken did years back. The thing I remember most of what he told me is: They are not peaceful. They preach that if you do not observe the Quaran and Muslim beliefs you must be beheaded.  I have no idea if that is what is written or not, but that is what I remember him telling me - many years back. If that is not so, please correct me as that is all I remember.

That’s true and then some. if you leave Islam you are to be killed...don’t forget their honor killings too!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:45 pm

I did a lot of work on my devices today, which got me thinking about doing a combined Norton/LifeLock plan. I had been considering this but though I am not do for Norton renewal until September, I still was hesitant about doing it. I called LifeLock a few minutes ago to ask if I did a combined plan would I have to re-enter all the information for my coverage again (like accounts, bank and so on). This is was a NO and the other question I had was whether I would have the same coverage as I am now carrying and that was a YES. It will save me at least $136.00 the first year...it seems like a no brainer to not do that!!! I’m posting this in case anyone else was wondering the same things.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:51 am

If you can, go to the Apple App Store and check out this game ‘Age of Zelda. I am totally amazed that this is even on any system...both for sexual content and the level of violence!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:10 am

Karen-B wrote:If you can, go to the Apple App Store and check out this game ‘Age of Zelda. I am totally amazed that this is even on any system...both for sexual content and the level of violence!!!

I just checked.  I don't see it.  There's a "Legend of Zelda", but it's not on the App Store. Smile
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am

JimS_61 wrote:
Karen-B wrote:If you can, go to the Apple App Store and check out this game ‘Age of Zelda. I am totally amazed that this is even on any system...both for sexual content and the level of violence!!!

I just checked.  I don't see it.  There's a "Legend of Zelda", but it's not on the App Store. Smile

Sorry if it was my mistake or the iPad adding it’s two cents in. The game is “Age if Z”
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 pm

For the first time since I started using computers, I said good-bye to Internet Explorer!!! Now everything is set up to use Edge. Backed up all my devices today and backed all photos to my 'Photo Vault'.

I saw on Al Arabiya that Microsoft will be closing 68 of their 72 stores, around the world...they have found how much they can do online and I also assume Best Buy carries their products so why have both???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01 am

Karen-B wrote:
For the first time since I started using computers, I said good-bye to Internet Explorer!!! Now everything is set up to use Edge. Backed up all my devices today and backed all photos to my 'Photo Vault'.

Yay!!  Trust me, you'll prefer Edge over IE.  IE is very old and they don't update it anymore, and it doesn't play well with some of the newer websites.

Karen-B wrote:
I saw on Al Arabiya that Microsoft will be closing 68 of their 72 stores, around the world...they have found how much they can do online and I also assume Best Buy carries their products so why have both???

Yup, I read that somewhere.  Don't remember where.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:21 pm

This is going to be a technology post and all I can do is shake my head. A few days ago Paul's laptop went down. when it booted up he had a normal screen but when he clicked on an icon, the screen went down. To make a long story short, he took over to geek squad and they did the repair. Supposedly all of the browsers went down and needed to be reinstalled. I admit, I have never heard of that happening before. So I was down stairs and I asked him if he had asked them what triggered this event and did he ask them how to deal with it on his own. The answer to both, was NO!!! This is what makes living in this world difficult for me. Why would someone not want to know what caused the problem...how else could you avoid it??? Why wouldn't he want to know how to fix the problem in case it happens again??? Why is this person not walking around without an orderly/nurse following them everywhere they go????
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next