Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norton Board of Protectors

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Norton Board of Protectors

Post by Karen-B Sun May 31, 2020 8:08 am

Since we are now in a new ‘safe’ space and since we are/were neighbors in the old neighborhood, does anyone have anything to say about went on there. What I mean by that, what are your thoughts and feelings about it. I know towards the end (for me), I began to not trust the moderators or what the site and its purposes were really about.

Shawna,_P, I think you had an interesting take on the George and OB relationship and I agree with your views. There was a point where I wondered if they had communicated privately because I didn’t see how they would have gotten from point A to B just based on posts. I guess their uniting factor was their utter dislike for me. To me, it’s kind of interesting that that triad of evil, the thing they all had in common was their instability. The flip side of the coin is that our members here were the strong stable And strong ones!!! I think that was a big motivating factor for me...in that we wanted them to join us hear. Surely everyone has views about thing going on or went on, that couldn’t be voiced in BoP.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Re: Norton Board of Protectors

Post by JimS_61 Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:14 am

I think everyone here knows my feelings about BoP.  IMHO, our triad (I know there are more than 3 of us, but you get the idea) was a healthy one and we all used the board appropriately.  George started wandering off the farm and rather quickly had OB and weenee following (leading?).  I posted my issues with George, to George several times.  His response was some "better than thou" response that it doesn't bother him.  He believes in being open minded.  "Physician, heal thyself".  I went on last night and responded specifically to George on a few threads.  Otherwise, the "Mark all as read" button has become my new friend. Very Happy
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:13 am

JimS_61 I always enjoy your humor😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am

Hey Everyone!!!! Don’t you think all these posts about BoP and the evil triad really belong here instead of emails??? It’s one of the reasons this particular topic was established!!! What are we establishing a new home/forum if we aren’t going to post to it?????

Jim, I read your note where you said after reading a weenee post, that you were going to report it to the mods, but saw that Shawna already had. So why not add your voice to it. It might get the mods attention when it’s more than one person having an issue with it??? I got booted for less!!! Has anyone even asked why OB didn’t get booted????
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 am

Morning Karen. I agree we should do more posting on here. I am finding all the emails back and forth are confusing as to who says what, and who is replying to whom, etc. ......... I just had a bit of a back and forth with OB and George. I questioned a comment OB made and am waiting for her response. Just a silly thing but I just wanted to ruffle her feathers! She stated she likes HP printers and said it is because she likes their customer service! That makes no sense and I asked her to clarify. (So far, no response from her!)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:45 pm

I'm back.....after reading all of your posts about the triad of evil!!! First of all, weenee was on a ship and I take it he was in the navy...also explains why he shares photos of planes with George and Old Bitchy. I happen to reread my eviction notice again, today. I was so focused on the triad that I hadn't noticed that the moderators got pissed with me for interrupting their coffee klatches. However I did say that I thought Savannah considered me a problem...and it also boils around to the fact I would not let up on trying to get them to do something about the trio. If they had tried to do something at the very beginning it wouldn't have festered and cause (at least me...though I know Jim went back too) what happened in the end.

When I continued to see OB keep doing her stuff and taking swipes at us, I finally decided to do a few passive jabs that I knew would get to her. When she talked about going to France and making like they were seasoned French visitors...I knew when I mentioned doing similar things on my 13!!!!! trips to France and about renting a chateau....I knew that would get to her!!!! She seemed to be competitive with me...but she couldn't out do me in the travel department!!!

After reading what you all have observed and said about them in a mental health way, I feel kind of vindicated about the last exchanges between OB and myself. When I was talking about the mental health issues of them...I was serious and knew what I was talking about. They are not the type that you throw out "You're crazy" like we all have done about someone in our lives. I have never figured out if weenee has mental and/or drug issues. George has mentioned he may be approaching dementia, and OB's behavior clearly shows she has real issues!!! So why was I booted for telling the truth?
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 pm

I think we all have issues of one sort or another Nobody is 100% perfect. I think that weeeenee alien probably has PTSD and just blabbers on. George confused alluded to the fact that he thinks that he (George) is beginning to show signs of dementia. Biddie Twisted Evil may have had a lot of those experiences, but I think she just enhances then and blows them up to triple the size of the experience. Biddie always wants to be 1 up on everyone.

Here we are all content and are happy for any accomplishment one of us makes and we do not try to outdo each other! We are appreciative and thankful for each others skills and knowledge... Just sticking my cents in
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:56 am

I was just at BoP. OB started a new topic, which is essentially "Wandering Thoughts". That f-ing George responded and said he thought it was a wonderful idea. I noticed Lillian had said earlier that it seemed like it was the same as Wandering Thoughts. I responded and said that I suspect the inmates feel that Wandering Thoughts was contaminated by those who were there before. I also asked George if the thought it was such a great idea. why did he dislike virtually every post in Wandering Thoughts!!

I don't have time today but I'm going to write a message to the mods and I'm not going back there, except for the activities.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Wandering Thoughts

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:01 am

JimS_61 wrote:I was just at BoP.  OB started a new topic, which is essentially "Wandering Thoughts".  That f-ing George responded and said he thought it was a wonderful idea.  I noticed Lillian had said earlier that it seemed like it was the same as Wandering Thoughts.  I responded and said that I suspect the inmates feel that Wandering Thoughts was contaminated by those who were there before.  I also asked George if the thought it was such a great idea. why did he dislike virtually every post in Wandering Thoughts!!

I don't have time today but I'm going to write a message to the mods and I'm not going back there, except for the activities.
 You know, I really believe sick Old Bitchy was jealous of me and competing with me. I sincerely don’t mean that in an egotistical way, but she seems to bear that observation out. The mods are as useless as teats on a boar hog!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:10 am

Karen-B wrote: You know, I really believe sick Old Bitchy was jealous of me and competing with me. I sincerely don’t mean that in an egotistical way, but she seems to bear that observation out. The mods are as useless as teats on a boar hog!!!!

Or lips on a chicken Shocked
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:23 am

I have come to the conclusion that all our members can’t stay away from BoP and the only thing I can think of is that you all love the friction and BS that is going on with those people. Don’t get me wrong, I liked nailing OB now and then...when I couldn’t stand it any longer. I don’t think any of you are looking at it through my eyes. I am the the one who was maligned as being ‘the problem’ and I have been gone from there for weeks...yet the same stuff is still going on, OB thinks she has taken over my place in some way, and though we have a new home here, no one seems too inclined to post here. I keep asking everyone for feedback and no gives much, nor do they post much of anything. Why is that??? If you don’t like the topics....start your own!!! You all put a lot in email, but don’t seem to want to post it here instead. I can still hear OB’s accusations of me in my head and does impact how I see or do things here. Example: she always brings up that I was telling everyone what and where to post...if I did it was to try to keep topics together, since so many complained about everyone going off topic. Also it was to try to stop the needless ‘new topic’, when there was already half a dozen on the subject, already up there.

All of my family here talks about all the same stuff going on there, so why do you all go back??? I don’t believe the gift card is the driving force, the activities are BS (Shawna just said her latest activity was the same one as the last one she did), so what is it that pulls you back there??? I did sense some time ago where things were heading and I knew I didn’t want you all to leave my life....that was when I put my email up to try to keep us together. Bill then tried to build us a new home...but it’s like we have a mansion now and no one is in much of a hurry to move in!!!!

I wish someone would call out the moderator publicly for what they did to me and call them on all the BS they are still putting up with, with the triad and all bring it to OB’s attention that she is just a bitter old woman and a Karen wannabe. If I could access the board, I would put such a thing up...and I think you all know that’s true. Yes, I’m a little more than frustrated this morning. If you all would be happier not having me here, tell me so and I will leave.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:12 am

Karen and everyone,

As you know I am not a confrontational person. I tend to go with the flow. I may bitch and complain privately, but I never like to make waves and/or upset the apple cart. As a result, I try to put humor into a lot of my postings. I enjoy making people smile.

I also find this site that Bill so graciously set up for us very confusing. When I click on Notifications, I have to scroll till I find the response. Sometimes it does not come in 'time posted' order. Sometimes I cannot even find it. I have tried a few different ways to access a post and still struggle to find it. As a result, I am not posting as much as I normally would.

I really like all the people on this group! I hope that somehow I can readjust and figure an easy way to get to the postings. I feel as if you all have become a part of my life, both computer life and personal. I hope we continue here and have easier to access postings and less back and forth emails (even though I enjoy and love reading any and all emails).

Have a Safe and Healthy sunshiney Monday and every day!
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Finding topics

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:30 am

ARNELLE wrote:Karen and everyone,

As you know I am not a confrontational person. I tend to go with the flow. I may bitch and complain privately, but I never like to make waves and/or upset the apple cart. As a result, I try to put humor into a lot of my postings. I enjoy making people smile.

I also find this site that Bill so graciously set up for us very confusing. When I click on Notifications, I have to scroll till I find the response. Sometimes it does not come in 'time posted' order. Sometimes I cannot even find it. I have tried a few different ways to access a post and still struggle to find it. As a result, I am not posting as much as I normally would.

I really like all the people on this group! I hope that somehow I can readjust and figure an easy way to get to the postings. I feel as if you all have become a part of my life, both computer life and personal. I hope we continue here and have easier to access postings and less back and forth emails (even though I enjoy and love reading any and all emails).

Have a Safe and Healthy sunshiney Monday and every day!
 Arnelle, first make sure you are following ALL the topics. When anyone post to that topic, it will send you a notification to your email and when you click on the link, it will take you to the exact post. It also keeps you from having to sign in every time you come to the site. I think you can not post if you are not signed in. I find this to be the easiest way to do this. I don’t know another way to make it any easier. Once you’re into the site, click your name and in the drop down, click on watched topics...this will take you to the list of all topics on the site.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty My Desire

Post by Schefstad Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:29 am

Karen, it's my desire that you remain part of this forum.  I posted what I did about mindela, Old_Biddie & George because I wanted you to know about the exchange.  I'm sorry if it opened old wounds.  Please be yourself and say what's on your mind.  We can post without being censored.  We may have a difference of opinion but everyone here is mature enough to accept that & know that there are no two people that will agree on everything.  We will continue to be a loving family.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am

In addition to agreeing 100% with what Lillian just said I want to add that we can also Agree to disagree!
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:55 am

Thanks for the support...in a way I have felt kind of lonely on this board. It's like with the topic about inviting new people. I didn't understand why no one thought about people in their lives to invite or to tell us about someone they would consider inviting. I have never tried to be part of setting up a forum, so I am just TRYING!!!!! It has felt like my family here, saved some of their thoughts, feelings, and opinions for that other place!!! The reason there is still a wound for me, is the way it was all handled at the end. I put my heart into the BoP just like I do everything else. The mods kept saying we needed to get things like they had been (like a friendly and loving place we once had), but they kicked out the person who created that and kept the people wo were hurting/destroying what we built!!! From what you all are saying the toxicity is still there...and therefore I am/was not the cause of it!!!! Love you guys!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 pm

I'm just now seeing this thread! I'm still trying to figure things out here. I'm totally fine with moving everything over here and off email. I just won't be on as much since I can see things much better on my desktop. I tried the mobile site, but it doesn't like my email and password. Has anyone else tried the mobile site yet?

As far as leaving the BOP, I'm kind of wanting to see what actually happens over there. I'm guessing that the site will dissolve or be shut down and George and OB take over all the posts. I haven't been on there much anymore. Every few days or so. I try to offer opinions on other people's posts, but I avoid all of George/OB stuff. You can really tell people are getting bored, not much going on. OB reminds me of high school days. If your not popular, take over or form your own group. It makes themselves feel better I guess.

I think the BOP was formed by a survey company commissioned by Norton/Lifelock, not managed by Norton itself. Formed to get them through the transition of the two becoming one company using opinions from the customers. Or to study our behavior online. lol! Either way, I really don't see it lasting.

Ok, I guess my next task is to figure out what other topics I'm missing out on here. Very Happy

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Shawna,

Karen gave me the solution as I too had a lot of trouble travelling this new site. She told me to just click n the link in your email and it will bring you to a post that you are watching. Then you can reply if you so choose or go on to another comment.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Scroll Topics

Post by Schefstad Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:36 pm

Once you get to a topic in the forum be sure to go to the bottom of the page and click to watch that topic. There's also an arrow just above that that will let you scroll either left or right. Scroll to each topic and click to watch each topic. This is where I missed several posts because I wasn't watching each topic and it only list topics you watch.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Topics

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Schefstad wrote:Once you get to a topic in the forum be sure to go to the bottom of the page and click to watch that topic. There's also an arrow just above that that will let you scroll either left or right. Scroll to each topic and click to watch each topic. This is where I missed several posts because I wasn't watching each topic and it only list topics you watch.

Did the information I give you all make it a bit easier to navigate the site??? I hope so...that may be the reason (or part of the reason) people opted for emails versus coming to the site.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:31 pm

I've just run into a couple of problems. I'm on my tablet and suspect that is the problem. I can do text replies here, but I tried to send a photo and Edge crashed, twice. 🙄
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Thank you everyone! I’m actually using my iPad right now! The site must have switched me over automatically, it didn’t do that before. This will make it much easier to keep up and respond to things. The emojis are better from my iPad too 😁

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Topics

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Shawna_P wrote:Thank you everyone! I’m actually using my iPad right now! The site must have switched me over automatically, it didn’t do that before. This will make it much easier to keep up and respond to things. The emojis are better from my iPad too 😁

I use my iPad the majority of the time!!! You guys are lifting my spirits...it almost sounds like you are liking the site better.😊😊😊 You’re right about better emojis😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Norton Board of Protectors Empty Emojis

Post by Schefstad Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:02 pm

My only option is to use my cell phone when I'm not home.  I have a laptop (which is set up like a desktop) when I'm home.  The cell phone has better emojis but I like the large screen on the laptop.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:14 am

Schefstad wrote:I have a laptop (which is set up like a desktop) when I'm home.  The cell phone has better emojis but I like the large screen on the laptop.

Here's a little hint.  I'm assuming your laptop is a Windows laptop?  If so, press and hold the Windows key and then press the colon/semicolon key.  You'll get a pop-up where you can select an emoji. 😄  I just did it there.  When the pop-up appears, you'll see at the top it says to keep typing.  So in the case of that emoji, I typed "happy" (without the quotes, obviously) and I got several emojis to choose from.  After you've chosen the one you want, you have to click on the "X" at the top right to close the pop-up.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next