Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wuhan Virus

+2
JimS_61
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wuhan Virus Empty Wuhan Virus

Post by Karen-B Sun May 31, 2020 7:35 am

This is still of concern to everyone and there were a lot of topics devoted to it (I hope never to see another TP post again😂😂). Now we are about four months into all this and I am now very curious to see what everyone now feels and thinks about it. We have had all of these switching of guidelines...sometimes daily. We have had disinformation.

What are your thoughts and feelings in all of it, looking back over these months???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus Empty Wuhan Virus in Hawaii

Post by Admin Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 am

Here in Hawaii, we have had relatively few incidents of this virus and most of those gave been in the larger cities. Where I live (Right on the edge of the GPS) we have not had a single incident but then again social distancing and stay at home orders are not that new to us. There has not been a case of the virus on the north portion of this island. The Mayor (of the island) has decided to start re-opening some medium risk businesses such as places of worship, hair salons, etc. even though there have been several businesses that have remained open even though they were ordered to close. The funny part of it is if you attempt to turn in one of the businesses which are illegally open, the government agencies do not know who is supposed to enforce the ordinance.

Admin
Admin

https://triedofbop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus Empty Re: Wuhan Virus

Post by Karen-B Sun May 31, 2020 3:47 pm

You have a mayor of an ISLAND???? Aren’t there numerous cities, or town on the island??? I’ve always heard of a mayor of a specific city or town...but not of a whole island!!! You really do live an exotic life😌😏
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:03 am

They ‘experts’ have been saying that people with high BP are more at risk with Wuhan. Well logically that might tend to be true because they have heart disease and are often obese....also having diabetes. This morning, based on collected info....they are saying that the medication for high BP seems to actually be protecting people from dying who have severe Wuhan. This is the stuff that sends me around the bend!!!! I get it that they are feeling their way in the dark, about this virus.....but it just gives one no confidence in the information being shared!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 pm

How is everyone else dealing with the future. I know how Shawna is😂  But what is everyone’s feeling about the upcoming foot shortage they say is coming??? My freezers, pantry, and closet is stocked...I refuse to use much of anything until I get some kind of reassurance that our systems are at least coming back. Obviously the stats are either dropping or slowing down!!! Where are we going??? Are you wearing mask and/or gloves in public???? How are you dealing with everything and all the constant change of guidelines!!!!

Last edited by Karen-B on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:35 pm

I am pretty well stocked as far as groceries and pantry items. I am even well-stocked for my furry roommate. If I figure correctly the first thing I will run out of will be his litter and that would be roughly in about 4 months. So hopefully before then, I will be able to reorder... I have not been wearing a mask as the furthest I venture is to my mailbox. I have used gloves when I get my deliveries as I do not know about the people who have handled the packages.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:54 am

Well Arnelle, you are doing better than I am in the wearing gloves at home department. I only wear gloves while in a grocery store...about once a month!!! Since they can't even agree on guidelines and change them every few days...I just figure they don't know what they are talking about to begin with!!! My SIL moved into OCD territory with all this. If her husband left the house, when he came home...she was actually wiping everything down that he touched!!!! I refuse to do this...it is not a normal life and I am not going down that road!!! If that is what life in the future is about...no thanks!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:28 am

Karen-B wrote:Since they can't even agree on guidelines and change them every few days...I just figure they don't know what they are talking about to begin with!!!

BRIAN: Ohh. Look. There was this man, and he had two servants.

ARTHUR: What were they called?

BRIAN: What?

ARTHUR: What were their names?

BRIAN: I don't know. And he gave them some talents.

EDDIE: You don't know?!

BRIAN: Well, it doesn't matter!

ARTHUR: He doesn't know what they were called!

BRIAN: Oh, they were called 'Simon' and 'Adrian'. Now--

ARTHUR: Oh! You said...

EDDIE: Ohh.

ARTHUR: ...you didn't know!

BRIAN: It really doesn't matter. The point is there were these two servants--

ARTHUR: He's making it up as he goes along.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 am

The second article I read (this is from the CDC), was talking about people drinking bleach and washing their food with disinfectants. Those are the people that Wuhan needs to target. Again this is a mental health issue. Doesn't anyone have the common sense to stop and say to themselves, "That doesn't sound right, I must have heard that wrong...let me READ THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BOTTLE!!!!!! Jim Mattis once said, " that some people just need to be shot"....well some people need an extreme case of the virus!!!! We are surrounded by the asylum inmates!!!! They want to talk about the 99 percenters...well they need to be talking about the 80 percenter nutcases running around loose!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:08 pm

Karen-B wrote:How is everyone else dealing with the future. I know how Shawna is😂  But what is everyone’s feeling about the upcoming foot shortage they say is coming??? My freezers, pantry, and closet is stocked...I refuse to use much of anything until I get some kind of reassurance that our systems are at least coming back. Obviously the stats are either dropping or slowing down!!! Where are we going??? Are you wearing mask and/or gloves in public???? How are you dealing with everything and all the constant change of guidelines!!!!

I must have missed something Karen...

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:27 pm

No you didn't...I was kidding...I know your freezers are loaded and if you ran short, I can imagine you out shooting a bear!!! I know you are well prepared. I said that kiddingly and admiringly!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Karen-B wrote:No you didn't...I was kidding...I know your freezers are loaded and if you ran short, I can imagine you out shooting a bear!!! I know you are  well prepared. I said that kiddingly and admiringly!!!!

lol!
We almost hit an elk on the road last Saturday. My mouth was watering.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:13 pm

I had elk once when I went to visit my son in Wyoming. It was a little tough but very tasty.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:15 am

Has anyone seen anything anywhere (Of course I am keeping an eye out) that says things are getting back to some normal flow in the food chain??? I took a lot of BS from OB about my getting upset with people who didn’t have any kind of preparation set up.  The commissary didn’t have fresh chicken this past Friday....I don’t know if that was just because of the processing plants or if there was an impact from the bird flu that started several months ago. Everyone is more at risk (safety wise) if people haven’t prepared for a food shortage...even if you don’t leave your house. I don’t need to go to a riot to be I’m danger...it could very well come knocking on my door. I’m in a DC suburb (VA) and things have been fine here...hope it all last. Our insane governor is planning on taking the R.E. Lee statue down...how that changes history is beyond me.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:28 pm

ARNELLE wrote:I had elk once when I went to visit my son in Wyoming. It was a little tough but very tasty.

It can be tough if it is too old or if it ran too much. Sometimes you never know what you are getting. Wink

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:36 pm

Karen-B wrote:Has anyone seen anything anywhere (Of course I am keeping an eye out) that says things are getting back to some normal flow in the food chain??? I took a lot of BS from OB about my getting upset with people who didn’t have any kind of preparation set up.  The commissary didn’t have fresh chicken this past Friday....I don’t know if that was just because of the processing plants or if there was an impact from the bird flu that started several months ago. Everyone is more at risk (safety wise) if people haven’t prepared for a food shortage...even if you don’t leave your house. I don’t need to go to a riot to be I’m danger...it could very well come knocking on my door. I’m in a DC suburb (VA) and things have been fine here...hope it all last. Our insane governor is planning on taking the R.E. Lee statue down...how that changes history is beyond me.

I'm not sure about the food supply as far as what is in the news. I'm seeing more chicken which is usually the cheapest meat. I just picked up 20 pounds of rice and a bunch of hand soap and paper towels today. I need to get more vodka to make sanitizer wipes. I'm not using anymore than normal, but that is still not on the shelves here. I'm slowly stocking up on things again since I don't really trust my governor to not lock us all down again. I could see this happening right before the elections. Rolling Eyes

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Shawna, I’m seeing where  other parts of the world are seeing shortages and their main staple (rice) has gone up 70%. If we have shortages I don’t know if they short Americans to send overseas. I don’t use sanitizer. When I go outside the house about once a month, I wear gloves. It’s so strange to not eat food from a restaurant or delivery...that hasn’t happened in about 4 1/2 months!!! If wonder there is no update on our food supply???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:17 pm

Well all of the latest news is trying to get us warmed up for another lockdown I think!!! How can anyone take them seriously, when they can't even agree on the facts of anything??? I have my physical on Monday and the office always calls to remind you of your appointment. I've read some pretty extreme measures some doctors are taking...like one having a special tent erected next to her office, for people who may have symptoms of virus...forget that the pollen is so high and could make you cough...."YOU, to the tent"!!! Some have removed seats in their waiting rooms so you can't sit close to someone (like who'd want to considering what we are dealing with???). My only instruction was to wear a mask when I came into the building. Steve was here three weeks ago for dinner...he's hasn't shown signs of anything, nor have we...guess we're all OK!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:51 am

Karen-B wrote:I've read some pretty extreme measures some doctors are taking...like one having a special tent erected next to her office, for people who may have symptoms of virus...forget that the pollen is so high and could make you cough...."YOU, to the tent"!!!

😂  It's kinda getting out of control.

Karen-B wrote:Some have removed seats in their waiting rooms so you can't sit close to someone (like who'd want to considering what we are dealing with???).

That's the way it was at Valley Hospital the other day.  Many were removed.  Some that were too small to remove seats, had ones turned around, or yellow notes on them saying "Please do not sit here"

Karen-B wrote:My only instruction was to wear a mask when I came into the building. Steve was here three weeks ago for dinner...he's hasn't shown signs of anything, nor have we...guess we're all OK!!!

At Valley, if you wear a mask coming into the building, they make you cover it with a mask they give you.  Also, if you come in with gloves, they make you remove the gloves and throw them away. 🙄
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Karen-B wrote:Shawna, I’m seeing where  other parts of the world are seeing shortages and their main staple (rice) has gone up 70%. If we have shortages I don’t know if they short Americans to send overseas. I don’t use sanitizer. When I go outside the house about once a month, I wear gloves. It’s so strange to not eat food from a restaurant or delivery...that hasn’t happened in about 4 1/2 months!!! If wonder there is no update on our food supply???

I'm not sure. The Indian grocery store is full of rice though. Good quality too. I don't have any friends that shop at the foreign markets, except me. They may be out of rice at Walmart but it is still out there, just have to go to the right places. BTW cheese freezes really well... I have rice, beans, cheese. Nice burrito. : lol!

I'm keto for health reasons, so none of this helps me, but at least my kids won't starve. I'm still waiting for my hog and side of beef.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Shawna_P wrote:I'm keto for health reasons, so none of this helps me, but at least my kids won't starve. I'm still waiting for my hog and side of beef.

Purely out of curiosity, can you please give me the Reader's Digest version of what Keto is?  I saw that word popping up a lot lately and thought it was a fad diet thing.  But if you're doing it for health reasons, I assume my initial thought was wrongheaded.🙄
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:26 pm

JimS_61 wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:I'm keto for health reasons, so none of this helps me, but at least my kids won't starve. I'm still waiting for my hog and side of beef.

Purely out of curiosity, can you please give me the Reader's Digest version of what Keto is?  I saw that word popping up a lot lately and thought it was a fad diet thing.  But if you're doing it for health reasons, I assume my initial thought was wrongheaded.🙄
I thought it was just a version of the Atkinson diet. Which was rated the number one diet out there. Keto is a low carb, high fat diet.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:36 pm

I had my physical today and it was not a great experience. The face mask makes it miserable, the waiting room had chairs turned to the walls to enable distancing, the staff was kind of tense...nothing like what I am use to!!! He’s in DC and riding up “K” Street all the street level building/businesses had all their glass boarded up....it made you think of a ghetto or something. There was no virus testing as part of the exam (I wondered if it would be). My doctor did not mention having had any of his patients having had the virus and I think he would have, if he did. He said I was doing amazingly well with the load I was carrying and better than the majority of his patients. I’m think he is hearing the same things I expressed today from most if not all his patients.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 pm

The Keto diet is a big fad right now which works out nice for me because there are now more packaged foods available at the store! Keto Chocolate and such. 😋
The diet has been around a long time though. It is high fat, moderate protein and low carbohydrates. It is used to help control seizures, inflammation in the body, diabetes, cancer, the list of claims goes on. I’m on this diet to help control seizures.
Here is a link that can explain things better. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ketogenic-diet-101#types

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:40 pm

Shawa- As long as it helps you I am glad! Keep those seizures away and keep controling them. I also happy for you that there are more keto foods available.

Thanks Arnelle! It is hard but worth it.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum