Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wuhan Virus

+2
JimS_61
Admin
6 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Re: Wuhan Virus

Post by Karen-B Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:39 am

Something that has bothered me when I see the mask that the majority of people are wearing (Level one masks like used in OR’s) is that they have a gap at each side. Seems to me that if someone coughed or sneezed, that the particles could get behind the masks. The N95 that I use are uncomfortable to me, but they have kind of a seal all the way around.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Mask Order

Post by Schefstad Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:36 am

The 'gaps' in the face coverings or masks makes the mandate ridiculous! Meanwhile, dirty hands touching and adjusting the masks render them ineffective and dangerous. There are also people who dispose of their masks in parking lots or tuck them in their pockets and purses to be used again! This just spreads the germs. You have grocery stores that require people to wear a mask to enter yet no one is required to use hand sanitizer! I think it would be more sanitary and less intrusive to have everyone hit the hand sanitizer at the entrance!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:16 am

Schefstad wrote:The 'gaps' in the face coverings or masks makes the mandate ridiculous!  Meanwhile, dirty hands touching and adjusting the masks render them ineffective and dangerous.  There are also people who dispose of their masks in parking lots or tuck them in their pockets and purses to be used again!  This just spreads the germs.  You have grocery stores that require people to wear a mask to enter yet no one is required to use hand sanitizer!  I think it would be more sanitary and less intrusive to have everyone hit the hand sanitizer at the entrance!

I don’t use hand sanitizer when I am out...though I do wear gloves. Logically speaking that is a matter of chasing your tail and a waste of time. My SIL goes nuts every time her husband goes out...she wipes everything down right behind him. If its airborne to begin with it really doesn’t make a difference about sanitizer...have you figured out how to sanitize the air??? There’s only so much I am willing to do to cope with this stuff and I refuse to let it take over my life. Have you noticed they aren’t giving you the pep talk about washing hands, touching face BS anymore??? If one is taking care of a home, animals, and/or children...you are washing hands throughout the day. I do reuse my N95 mask between uses the virus will have about two weeks to die. As you all know, things have deteriorated in my life recently and there is no great temptation to stay on this earth any longer than I have to😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:50 am

Karen-B wrote:
Schefstad wrote:The 'gaps' in the face coverings or masks makes the mandate ridiculous!  Meanwhile, dirty hands touching and adjusting the masks render them ineffective and dangerous.  There are also people who dispose of their masks in parking lots or tuck them in their pockets and purses to be used again!  This just spreads the germs.  You have grocery stores that require people to wear a mask to enter yet no one is required to use hand sanitizer!  I think it would be more sanitary and less intrusive to have everyone hit the hand sanitizer at the entrance!

I don’t use hand sanitizer when I am out...though I do wear gloves. Logically speaking that is a matter of chasing your tail and a waste of time. My SIL goes nuts every time her husband goes out...she wipes everything down right behind him. If its airborne to begin with it really doesn’t make a difference about sanitizer...have you figured out how to sanitize the air??? There’s only so much I am willing to do to cope with this stuff and I refuse to let it take over my life. Have you noticed they aren’t giving you the pep talk about washing hands, touching face BS anymore??? If one is taking care of a home, animals, and/or children...you are washing hands throughout the day. I do reuse my N95 mask between uses the virus will have about two weeks to die. As you all know, things have deteriorated in my life recently and there is no great temptation to stay on this earth any longer than I have to😂😂😂

When I get my home deliveries, I will put on gloves to bring the box in,. Then I open the box and still with the gloves on I take the items out and leave them on the counter for 2 days. I feel that doing this with the gloves on lets me NOT wipe everything down. Then after the 2 days, I will put the stuff away in the cabinets/pantry. Then I will scrub my hands even though I am sure these cans are 'safe'........ I also do not use hand sanitizer as sadly, I have not gone further than my mailbox since mid-March!
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Gloves

Post by Schefstad Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:07 pm

The gloves simply transfer the germs! I hope you remove the gloves without touching the outside and immediately throw them away! This is why this is so ridiculous. It's actually better to use CLEAN hands and then wash OR sanitize after exposure!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:58 pm

I do remove them without touching the outside, throw them out and scrub my hands anyway. With the stuff sitting 2 days untouched on my counter, I think/hope/pray that it is enough time to kill anything that might have been on them.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Schefstad wrote:The gloves simply transfer the germs!  I hope you remove the gloves without touching the outside and immediately throw them away!  This is why this is so ridiculous.  It's actually better to use CLEAN hands and then wash OR sanitize after exposure!

Sorry guys, I don't do any of this stuff and feel very comfortable with my choices. I compare this stuff to G_G and all his VPN stuff. No one has shown me that they are really safer than I am...whether we are talking about the virus or hacking. Since the 'experts' have no more clue about the virus than I do, why would I do anything besides use common sense?? When all of this started, they gave us instructions to 'not touch your face', wash your hands (more than necessary I guess), drink some warm water about every 20 minutes!!! When you have furry animals its nearly impossible to NOT touch your face. I don't wash hands any more than I normally would. Have you heard of anyone drinking the warm water...ever??? I have more aggravation with the pollen than I do with the virus. I am living my life as I did BEFORE the virus...with the exception of gloves, mask and some distancing when I go out. Have any of you been notified that I am heading to an ER or checking into a hospital??? I know Lillian has special considerations that I do not have and she has more precautions she needs to take...maybe Jim too. But I think Arnelle and I are OK with what ever feels comfortable to do for ourselves.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Warm Water

Post by Schefstad Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:10 pm

I don't wear gloves. I have only been wearing a mask in the medical buildings. I use hand sanitizer when I touch something that may be unsanitary (gas pump or ATM). I don't wipe down my groceries but I do wipe down my cart. I also sanitize my hands before I touch my wallet or phone (if I've been touching products). Of course, I wash my hands or I use hand sanitizer but that's about it. I don't even remember the warm water! I seem to remember a friend telling me to do that for dieting! Maybe I should clap my hands 3 times and pat my head! LOL
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Karen-B wrote:
Schefstad wrote:The gloves simply transfer the germs!  I hope you remove the gloves without touching the outside and immediately throw them away!  This is why this is so ridiculous.  It's actually better to use CLEAN hands and then wash OR sanitize after exposure!

Sorry guys, I don't do any of this stuff and feel very comfortable with my choices. I compare this stuff to G_G and all his VPN stuff. No one has shown me that they are really safer than I am...whether we are talking about the virus or hacking. Since the 'experts' have no more clue about the virus than I do, why would I do anything besides use common sense?? When all of this started, they gave us instructions to 'not touch your face', wash your hands (more than necessary I guess), drink some warm water about every 20 minutes!!! When you have furry animals its nearly impossible to NOT touch your face. I don't wash hands any more than I normally would. Have you heard of anyone drinking the warm water...ever??? I have more aggravation with the pollen than I do with the virus. I am living my life as I did BEFORE the virus...with the exception of gloves, mask and some distancing when I go out. Have any of you been notified that I am heading to an ER or checking into a hospital??? I know Lillian has special considerations that I do not have and she has more precautions she needs to take...maybe Jim too. But I think Arnelle and I are OK with what ever feels comfortable to do for ourselves.

I have no choice but to be ok with all of this and as Karen said, do what feel comfortable. I do not drive. I live alone. I barely know my neighbors. My one son lives 45 minutes away with 5 kids at home, one with special needs. My other son lives out in Wyoming. I use a walker... SO I have no choice but to fend for myself and rely upon ME for solutions- sometimes asking others for advice regarding the possible solutions.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:08 pm

They say now that there are six kinds of Covid virus and all have different symptoms. So do you really see things getting better...life without a mask, gloves, and travel anytime soon. Not sure at this point why I am avoiding anything!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:17 pm

I don’t think COVID will ever go “away”, like the flu. That is why I think we need to learn how to deal with it.
I talk to my doctor yesterday and she said the the board of epilepsy has seen a big increase with seizure activity since this COVID stuff! I don’t feel so alone!!!

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:18 pm

Arnelle where is your son in Wyoming?

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Shawna_P wrote:Arnelle where is your son in Wyoming?

Shawna, he is in Jackson Hole. He went out there on a business/pleasure trip while in college.... and after he graduated... the rest is history. He will NEVER move back East again - even though on that trip he had a horrific accident.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:11 pm

ARNELLE wrote:

Shawna, he is in Jackson Hole. He went out there on a business/pleasure trip while in college.... and after he graduated... the rest is history. He will NEVER move back East again - even though on that trip he had a horrific accident.

That is such a beautiful area. Wyomingites don't really consider it "Wyoming" though. Laughing

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Shawna_P wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:

That is such a beautiful area. Wyomingites don't really consider it "Wyoming" though. Laughing

I did not know that some do not consider it Wyoming. He has been out there for about 15 years now (I think) and loves it. Obviously he loves his skiing, as well as camping, hiking, bicycling, etc......... I've been out several times and It is just breathtaking! We drove out a few times and over the years we visited Yellowstone, Arches, Zion, Glacier, Teddy Roosevelt, Badlands, Canyonlands, Bryce, Mount Rushmore, Corn Palace. Each park was more awesome than the last.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:19 pm

ARNELLE wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:

I did not know that some do not consider it Wyoming. He has been out there for about 15 years now (I think) and loves it. Obviously he loves his skiing, as well as camping, hiking, bicycling, etc......... I've been out several times and It is just breathtaking! We drove out a few times and over the years we visited Yellowstone, Arches, Zion, Glacier, Teddy Roosevelt, Badlands, Canyonlands, Bryce, Mount Rushmore, Corn Palace. Each park was more awesome than the last.

Very nice! That would make a beautiful trip.
Yes, Wyomingites feel that the town is snooty and filled with actors and activists and overall not very Wyoming like. The activists have left a bad taste in the mouth of surrounding ranchers with the reintroduction of wolves. I have always had a good time there though. Usually not so much for vacations as for weddings, hunting, races. Jackson and Yellowstone are usually the only places in Wyoming that people actually visit though, so they are important to the economy.
Your son is braver then I. I won't camp over there in grizz country. All that surrounds, but not there! I need a gun in my hand and a can of bear spray to hike that. Shocked

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Shawna_P wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:

Yes, Wyomingites feel that the town is snooty and filled with actors and activists and overall not very Wyoming like. The activists have left a bad taste in the mouth of surrounding ranchers with the reintroduction of wolves. I have always had a good time there though. Usually not so much for vacations as for weddings, hunting, races. Jackson and Yellowstone are usually the only places in Wyoming that people actually visit though, so they are important to the economy.
Your son is braver then I. I won't camp over there in grizz country. All that surrounds, but not there! I need a gun in my hand and a can of bear spray to hike that. Shocked

I know that he does take bear spray with him. (One time when we went there, he took us up into Montana to a deserted town to a cabin to spend the night.) I do not believe that he has any guns though. I can understand the 'snooty' as whenever we were there we felt that people looked down on us city folk'. However, my son is definitely not a snooty person and gets along with just about everyone... He has said that he has had interactions with a lot of famous and infamous people and is courteous no matter the treatment they give him.... Would he ever move back East? NO!
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:24 am

About a month ago I was researching things with regards to travel to Vienna and the virus testing related to it. I said at the time, I was concerned that when you got ready to come home that they would want you to have another virus test before boarding THEIR plane. Well, four airlines are proposing to the EU and the WH...doing just that!!!! They want to open up travel between the US and Europe. So basically, you better add about over $450.00 dollars PER person if you are wanting to go to Europe. Gee, I’m not even in the industry and figured this would happen!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:26 pm

ARNELLE wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:

I know that he does take bear spray with him. (One time when we went there, he took us up into Montana to a deserted town to a cabin to spend the night.) I do not believe that he has any guns though. I can understand the 'snooty' as whenever we were there we felt that people looked down on us city folk'. However, my son is definitely not a snooty person and gets along with just about everyone... He has said that he has had interactions with a lot of famous and infamous people and is courteous no matter the treatment they give him.... Would he ever move back East? NO!

I'm glad your son is thriving there. It is so beautiful. Yes, I think the best a person can do is to treat others how we want to be treated, famous or not. It is a very similar atmosphere as Aspen and Vail here in Colorado. Very beautiful areas too. We usually stay away or drive through on our way to someplace else. Laughing

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Karen-B wrote:

About a month ago I was researching things with regards to travel to Vienna and the virus testing related to it. I said at the time, I was concerned that when you got ready to come home that they would want you to have another virus test before boarding THEIR plane. Well, four airlines are proposing to the EU and the WH...doing just that!!!! They want to open up travel between the US and Europe. So basically, you better add about over $450.00 dollars PER person if you are wanting to go to Europe. Gee, I’m not even in the industry and figured this would happen!!!

Oh boy. Are you still planning a trip then? It sounds like there is the potential for weeks and weeks of quarantine.

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:50 pm

At this point, I’m 99% sure that I am not going. All my friends who are big travelers are either canceling, close to canceling, or not even planning to travel this year. Last year may turn out to be my last travel year, I really don’t see things improving soon. They say they won’t have a vaccine this year (not sure I would even take it, if given a choice) and who knows that some personal health issue won’t arise between now and then???

We have had discussions about type size when posting here. If I had tried to post this with Shawna’s post (using quote) and then tried to select the 24 size type....I would have got the little brackets thingy. By posting separately, I selected that size and I didn’t get it and it typed the 24 size. STRANGE!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Font Size

Post by Schefstad Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:58 pm

I've had similar experiences where I've tried to use multiple commands (changing the color of the font and the font size) and the system would only follow through with one command!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Travel

Post by Schefstad Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:06 pm

I'm not really able to travel with the care of my brother and mother this summer. However, I'd like the opportunity and would especially enjoy a day trip but to a location where a mask isn't necessary! My sister noticed that signs at stores saying they were requiring a mask were coming down recently. I just read an article in today's local paper that said our Attorney General ruled that the Governor doesn't have the authority to create a law. The Legislative branch of the state government does that and there must be an opportunity for public input. Then the house must approve the measure before the governor can sign it into law.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 pm

We may be talking two different things. I agree with everything you just stated and technically that all applies to federal law. However, a governor or president can issue emergency orders without them being law. Remember when they sent the troops into Little Rock to escort the black kids into schools when they were doing integration???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 6 Empty Mandate

Post by Schefstad Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:20 pm

Yes, the Attorney General said it's a mandate but a mandate is not the same as a law. Apparently there are no penalties for disobeying the mandate. Also, it was said that it's unlike other laws and that it's a basic right to breathe freely. At any rate, most of our local police departments have stated that they are not the mask police and will not be policing this situation. This leaves a big hole in the mandate.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum