Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wuhan Virus

+2
JimS_61
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Empty Re: Wuhan Virus

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:47 am

Shawna_P wrote:The Keto diet is a big fad right now which works out nice for me because there are now more packaged foods available at the store! Keto Chocolate and such. 😋
The diet has been around a long time though. It is high fat, moderate protein and low carbohydrates. It is used to help control seizures, inflammation in the body, diabetes, cancer, the list of claims goes on. I’m on this diet to help control seizures.
Here is a link that can explain things better. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ketogenic-diet-101#types

I read your first post when you mentioned you were on keto for medical issues, and I typed out a response and asked if you could please explain what it is to me, Reader's Digest version, so I could understand what it was.  I saw that description start popping up everywhere and wondered what on earth that was.  Now I know. Very Happy Thanks!!
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Okay I need help! How do you reply in the mobile version? I thought I was responding to Arnelle, but I guess I edited her original post instead. 😐😯

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Shawna_P wrote:Okay I need help! How do you reply in the mobile version? I thought I was responding to Arnelle, but I guess I edited her original post instead. 😐😯

You’re asking how to respond on a mobile??? I take it you are talking phone...beats me!! I use either laptop or iPad.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:47 pm

I’m on my iPad

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:49 pm

Shawna_P wrote:I’m on my iPad

Why seems to be the problem...I’m on an iPad too.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Empty Wuhan

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Karen-B wrote:
Shawna_P wrote:I’m on my iPad

Why seems to be the problem...I’m on an iPad too.

There doesn’t seem to be an Arnelle post here that you are replying to. Are you maybe ‘out of thread’??? You seem to have no problem with replying to other posts.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Here is a picture of my response to Arnelle. As you can see, it was added to her post. I used the pencil on the bottom corner. Obviously that is the edit button and not the reply with quotes.
So I can write a “post” but not quote someone like I can on my desktop.

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 67246910

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Empty Keto diet

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:20 pm

Shawna_P wrote:Here is a picture of my response to Arnelle. As you can see, it was added to her post. I used the pencil on the bottom corner. Obviously that is the edit button and not the reply with quotes.
So I can write a “post” but not quote someone like I can on my desktop.

Did you see my response here to both of the posts?
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:22 pm

I don’t see how you responded in quotes directly to me. How did you do that? This is exactly what I see on my iPad. Are you using the desktop version or the mobile version on your iPad?

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Ea398e10
Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Ffd72010

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Shawna, when I want to reply to a particular post, I click both of the quotation marks, then I click on below whatI am replying to and write my post. See if that works.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:48 pm

Karen-B wrote:Shawna, when I want to reply to a particular post, I click both of the quotation marks, then I click on below whatI am replying to and write my post. See if that works.

I switched to the web version. I guess the mobile version doesn’t have that option. Still learning. 😊

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shawna Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:54 pm

ARNELLE wrote:Shawa- As long as it helps you I am glad! Keep those seizures away and keep controling them. I also happy for you that there are more keto foods available.

Thanks Arnelle! It is hard but worth it.

I messed up and instead of a reply, I edited your original post! 😑

This diet is a real pain, but I guess it is worth it. 😊

Shawna

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:00 am

Shawna and Karen- Message received. Glad it is worth it even if it is tough going Any diet someone can stick to is worth it.

(My frustration with this site is when I want to reply, I cannot see the original message to which I am replying. I have to trust to my memory as to what was written.)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Empty Mobile version

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:06 am

Shawna_P wrote:
Karen-B wrote:Shawna, when I want to reply to a particular post, I click both of the quotation marks, then I click on below whatI am replying to and write my post. See if that works.

I switched to the web version. I guess the mobile version doesn’t have that option. Still learning. 😊

Are you still on your iPad when you wrote the above??? Because I replied to you from my iPad??? Why would you switch your iPad to some mobile version...just curious???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 am

ARNELLE wrote:Shawna and Karen- Message received. Glad it is worth it even if it is tough going Any diet someone can stick to is worth it.

(My frustration with this site is when I want to reply, I cannot see the original message to which I am replying. I have to trust to my memory as to what was written.)

Arnelle, when there is a particular post you want to reply to, go the row of marks above it on the right side of the post, click BOTH quotation marks, then go in the box and below the original post and write your reply. This will keep it all together!!! Like I am doing here!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:12 am

I have really become disheartened with the latest news about the virus and just a breath away from canceling my trip. Just read an article that Beijing is now under severe restrictions...but they've only had 137 new cases since last week. That's not great new, but since the Chinese lie so much, you have to wonder what the numbers really are. I'm sure the US has seen 137 new cases in a week, yet we are just continuing along as we have for the last two or three months.

What is making me reconsider my trip at this point was the news yesterday was that a number of airlines are stopping alcohol service, you have to wear a mask for the full trip unless eating or drinking, that the flight crew will manage bathroom access, and in Vienna they want you to have a C-19 test within a few days of travel. Today Flyer Talk came out with some travel updates about airports. Some of the things are 'small potatoes' in the grand scheme of things but that some airlines have closed their lounges or cut back on their services is a real bummer. I have come to realize that my problem with the masks is that I have claustrophobia and U couldn't bear to wear a mask for three hours (had I used metro for the trip to and back and also while at the doctor. I have no idea how I could deal with over ten hours of wearing it for a trip!!! Then there is the test to enter Vienna, if you don't get a test within a few days of travel at home, you can get it at the airport there...for 190 euros and wait three hours for the results...and if you do neither, you will have an automatic two week quarantine. Will they want you to get another test for your return (since a test is only good for three days) just to get on one of their planes for the flight home? They are making the possibility of vacation almost impossible to even consider!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:13 am

Karen, I can empathize with your frustration. I know how much you love Vienna. Have you thought about the possibility of an extended vacation there - possibly for a few months? Then all the restrictions and new requirements might be worth the trouble.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Empty Wuhan

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 am

ARNELLE wrote:Karen, I can empathize with your frustration. I know how much you love Vienna. Have you thought about the possibility of an extended vacation there - possibly for a few months? Then all the restrictions and new requirements might be worth the trouble.

Do you really think I could/would leave my creatures for months....with a demented person, at that??? 😘💕
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 am

Sorry - forgot about the fur babies. 😺😹😽🙀😿 (no chin pics found)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Tried to remember where I read it but I saw an article that the Chinese are beginning to inspect meat and fish for the virus? I meant to go back nd red it and got side tracked....has anyone else seen this. That’s the first time I have seen the virus mentioned in the food chain!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:36 am

Guys (and girls) I am going to create a new topic to hopefully short all these reply issues out. I think what will make it easier is if I create a document in Word, then make a jpg of it and post it here. The reason being, I'm going to have to show you the text behind what's going on here, and I can't do that without invoking it here in my post. Does that make sense? Give me a bit and I'll hopefully have something set up.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Wuhan Virus - Page 2 Empty JPG

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:39 am

JimS_61 wrote:Guys (and girls) I am going to create a new topic to hopefully short all these reply issues out.  I think what will make it easier is if I create a document in Word, then make a jpg of it and post it here.  The reason being, I'm going to have to show you the text behind what's going on here, and I can't do that without invoking it here in my post.  Does that make sense?  Give me a bit and I'll hopefully have something set up.

Am I missing something here??? What does this have to do with Wuhan virus???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:05 am

Karen-B wrote:
JimS_61 wrote:Guys (and girls) I am going to create a new topic to hopefully short all these reply issues out.  I think what will make it easier is if I create a document in Word, then make a jpg of it and post it here.  The reason being, I'm going to have to show you the text behind what's going on here, and I can't do that without invoking it here in my post.  Does that make sense?  Give me a bit and I'll hopefully have something set up.

Am I missing something here??? What does this have to do with Wuhan virus???

No, you're not missing something.  We've somehow gone OT. Razz  But I'm going to use this response in the document I'm going to make to help us understand quoting stuff and hopefully keep us not OT.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:58 am

Just read that triplets born in Mexico tested positive for the virus on the DAY they were born!!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:06 am

ARNELLE wrote:My frustration with this site is when I want to reply, I cannot see the original message to which I am replying. I have to trust to my memory as to what was written.

LOL...ok..let me see if I can explain this with enough detail that you can do it, but not enough to confuse you, or anyone else.

There are a few buttons at the top right.  I'm just going to explain the second, which is double quotes.  When you click on that, it means to respond with a quotation of what you're replying to.  Just like I did above where I quoted the text where you explained your frustration.  Depending on what position your editor mode button is toggled to, you'll see the text you're responding to between some BCC code one way, and contained in a big yellow box the other way.  Each one is between brackets, one open [ and one close ].  Between the first pair you will see quote= and then the username of the person you're quoting after the equals sign.  At the end of the entire quote, you will see the pair of brackets again but this time it will always have /quote.  That is simply telling the code that it is the end of the quote that was started by the first quote= statement.

It gets very confusing if you quote a person who has quoted you, or someone else.  That's what was on the document that confused you.  This site is < user friendly in a lot of ways.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum