Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Sayin’

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty CST

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am

I like having sunlight in the evening but then if you get up early it's dark!  I'd just rather not change the time.  And you're right.  It doesn't have the same impact all year long.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Sayin’

Post by ARNELLE Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:22 am

To me, it is what it is. However just last night I shut the light almost 1 a.m., woke at 2:30 for my usual bathrooming. Then I woke again at 4:30 to birds chirping. I went back to sleep only to wake again at 5:45 to sunlight. I tried to go back to sleep but it did not happen. So, I am one tired lady!................... I do like that it gets dark later now as I tend to sit outside until about 4 p.m. (weather permitting)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:21 am

Schefstad wrote:The Governor of Louisiana signed a bill that establishes permanent Daylight Saving Time in Louisiana.  It takes effect if the federal government passes a bill that allows it.  I like not having to change the clock back and forth but I'd rather we just keep Central Standard Time all year.

Arizona has been excluded from DST since I was there back in '82-'84.  I didn't know that the feds had to get involved for a state to do that.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty Recreating the Day (as if God got it wrong)

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:29 am

Apparently a state can opt out of Daylight Saving Time but there's a bill being considered now that would allow a state to maintain Daylight Saving Time.  As it stands now the federal government sets the start and stop dates.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 am

Schefstad wrote:Apparently a state can opt out of Daylight Saving Time but there's a bill being considered now that would allow a state to maintain Daylight Saving Time.  As it stands now the federal government sets the start and stop dates.

Yes, I heard about that bill.  But what you say about Start and Stop dates totally makes sense.  Obviously states couldn't choose to keep DST, but change the start and stop dates.  We could have 50 states all with different time zones for certain period(s) of time if that were the case. Twisted Evil
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty June 21, 2020

Post by Schefstad Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:56 am

WELCOME 👓 SUMMER

HAPPY 👨 FATHER'S 👨🏼‍ DAY
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:47 am

I’m only asking this question because it seems to come up daily and it’s beginning to irritate me🙄
Why do people ask someone if they can ask them a question....why don’t they just ask the question??? Personally, I think this has to be the dumbest exchanges in conversations 😂😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am

(Laughing) Can I ask you a question?---- Why does it matter?

Seriously, I know I do it when I want to ask something personal, that the person might not want to reply to.... It is also 'to prepare' a person that a question is coming that requests a response. (My opinion)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:13 am

Karen-B wrote:How they had swine flu this year and had to get pigs from the US, and we know they use pigs for making medicines and had tainted Heparin at one point because they used unhealthy pigs to make it.

This is all I saw.  It was on Drudge a while back.  China is prehistoric in their attitudes and treatment of animals.

Outrage after Chinese theme park forces pig to bungee jump
20 January 2020

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 _1105710

A Chinese theme park has triggered a wave of outrage on social media after it forced a pig to bungee jump off a 68-metre high tower.

Video footage shows the pig tied to a pole, carried by two men to the top of a tower before being pushed off.

The theme park located in Chongqing said the stunt was held to mark the opening of the new bungee attraction.

Local media outlets said the pig was sent to a slaughterhouse afterwards.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:15 am

Arnelle, I LOVE how big the pictures are now, because I can see more of Romeo!!! Smile
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:47 am

Jim- At 17 pounds- he is BIG!

I agree. I like this new format. It is easier to get around.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:35 am

ARNELLE wrote:(Laughing) Can I ask you a question?---- Why does it matter?

Seriously, I  know I do it when I want to ask something personal, that the person might not want to reply to.... It is also 'to prepare' a person that a question is coming that requests a response. (My opinion)

Why does it matter...I suppose because I am so anal and I hear it nearly everyday in a movie, series or whatever. You don’t ask someone if you can make a statement...so why ask if you can ask a question. I probably wouldn’t be asking someone something really personal if I didn’t know them very well. I would probably ask the question...followed by telling them they don’t have to answer if they don’t want to....if there seemed some kind of hesitation. There is nothing is off limits to ask me....I have come to terms/peace with all of my life. Guess you can tell that by the personal things I post. You can kind of assess someone else by the level of their disclosures. When I was married to my first husband (I was still a pretty screwed up cookie all those years ago) I began seeing a lawyer I had dated before I married. When my husband asked me where I was going I would always tell him, “To see another man” and laugh. Later when we divorced he said “all those times you were going some place and where were you going...where did you go”. I said, “I told you, to see another man, I was seeing Jack during that time”. Husband said, “I thought you were being sarcastic...I didn’t someone would tell the truth about that”😂😂😂
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty PFC NOEL RUSSELL USMC WWII

Post by Schefstad Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:50 pm

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 20150410

In Memory of my Father.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Shawna likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:21 pm

Wow. USMC!!! 🇺🇲
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty My Father's Photo

Post by Schefstad Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Among my father's papers I found a piece of glass (approximately 3 by 5 with an ink imprint on it) inside of a paper sleeve.  There was what appeared to be Japanese writing on the sleeve.  I brought it to a photographer and he was able to lift the imprint.  Obviously, my father had this photo taken overseas.  He enlisted when he was 17.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Lillian, Were you ever able to get the writing translated? Your Dad was one handsome young man.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty The Photo Sleeve

Post by Schefstad Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:49 pm

The writing on the sleeve appeared to be a studio address.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty Thank You

Post by Schefstad Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:26 am

Thank you Arnelle 🤗
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:33 am

Schefstad wrote:In Memory of my Father.

My dad joined the Coast Guard when he was 17, I think.  My grandmother had to sign something to allow him to leave High School and enlist.  He was on the USS Ingham, which is now docked down in Florida.  It's been preserved as a national monument or something like that.  The Ingham served as the Admiral's Flagship when they were out in the Pacific.  This is a photo of him with a bunch of other guys, all from Boston area.  It was taken as a promotional photo by a reporter from the Boston area, to be posted in the local papers.

My dad is the one on the lower left.  That's his writing on each person, IDing by name.  The man on the lower right got dysentery while going off the ship somewhere out in the Pacific and died.  The rumor was he was buried at sea.  But apparently, his gravestone had the last name misspelled as "Hefferon" instead of "Heffron".  The family wanted the name changed, but there was no proof anywhere which spelling was correct (the family member(s) weren't direct descendants and didn't have the same last name).  Long story short, the fact that my dad had it spelled correctly in the photo, helped them prove that the spelling on the gravestone was indeed, incorrect, so it got fixed.

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Myster10
JimS_61
JimS_61

Schefstad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 am

FYI.... I just made my picture smaller so it does not cover my posted words.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 am

I have had the bone chilling feeling for the last few days that someone will attempt to assassinate Trump...from within the government....particularly if he wins the election. Anyone else having such thoughts or feelings???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty Proud Americans

Post by Schefstad Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Jim, I think it's wonderful your father was able to help the other family correct the misspelling of his friend's name. That's a great photo!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:16 pm

I was playing a game this afternoon, when the thought of my upcoming birthday popped into my mind. You know how they tell you to make a wish on your bday??? I was thinking what one wish would I make??? My knee jerk reaction was that I would wish that I had lived a mentally/emotionally healthy life, for all of my life and not just the last 25 years that I have. Sounds simple and reasonable enough!!! However, as I continued the game and thought about that wish, I realized how truly different my life would have been, but not necessarily better. For starters, I would have had none of you become part of my life and family!!! That would truly be a loss!!! Then I saw that I would have had none of the people, travel, experiences, or even the biological family I have had. The only true constant I would have had, is my brother. I wouldn’t have had Gary or even the children I did have. So given all this realization, I would rather have had the very rocky road of life I have had, and keep every person and event in my life that made me who/what I am today.

So the next part of this observation is to ask all of you...if you could make a wish for a change in your life, what would it be and what outcome would it have had...both gains and losses????
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Mine is a 2 part wish: more self-confidence and courage. The gains would definitely be to let me do more things in life, go places, speak with people, see things, travel, etc. The self-confidence would let me speak what thoughts I wanted to express without worrying about offending anyone. The only downside would be that I would not have had the experiences that I have had throughout the years.(both good and bad)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 2 Empty On My Journey

Post by Schefstad Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:09 am

Karen I have often thought the same thing and it's why I view the difficult events in my life as experiences rather than mistakes.  If I could change anything it would be to temper my words and filter the harsh, ugly words that caused hurt and pain.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum