Tired Of Norton Board of Protectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Sayin’

5 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty I'm Sick of Covid-19

Post by Schefstad Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:59 am

The Louisiana governor has now decided we will stay in Phase 2 for another 28 days!  Since it's at his discretion we could be perpetually limited in our activities!  They no longer require Covid-19 tests at the chemo lab and visitors are allowed into the buildings but now we regress.  The public school here is set to open on August 6th but how do children attend school with a mask and eat lunch while social distancing?  Does every child get their own lunch table?  It's ridiculous!  My niece, Irma, is a senior and I want her to have some normalcy this year!  How did it go from drive-by shootings to drive-by graduations?  I also heard about a virtual cocktail party!  NO PEOPLE!  That's called drinking alone at home!  
 My niece, Emily, attends Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama and all incoming freshmen have private dorm rooms!  It's crazy!  Virtual funerals are the most ridiculous!  How does that comfort anyone?  Guess what?  If you hug your computer screen I don't feel all warm and fuzzy!  Supposedly more people are testing positive but the rate of treatment has gone down because people are asymptomatic.  I think people are building immunity.  Any other time we're told that we need healthy social interactions and I don't believe virtual classes, virtual services and virtual weddings qualify as social interactions! Before the pandemic our society was encouraging us to disengage with electronics and engage in physical activity and communication.  Good luck with that!  But I for one am doing whatever I darn well please!!!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty Re: Just Sayin’

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:59 am

ARNELLE wrote:FYI.... I just made my picture smaller so it does not cover my posted words.

I can see that you made your picture smaller.  It wasn't covering up any text on my screen(s) from what I could tell.  Maybe your device(s)?

Anyway, I prefer Romeo bigger!! 😻
JimS_61
JimS_61

ARNELLE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:02 am

Karen-B wrote:I have had the bone chilling feeling for the last few days that someone will attempt to assassinate Trump...from within the government....particularly if he wins the election. Anyone else having such thoughts or feelings???

I'm quite surprised that some libtard hasn't tried to kill him already.  I think if the gets reelected, that will put someone over the edge.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty Large Member Photos

Post by Schefstad Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:12 am

Arnelle's photo covered some of the words in her post when I accessed the forum on my cell phone but not on my laptop. The same thing is happening with each of the member photos. It doesn't happen with my avatar but that's smaller.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:19 am

Karen-B wrote:So the next part of this observation is to ask all of you...if you could make a wish for a change in your life, what would it be and what outcome would it have had...both gains and losses????

Well, we all know what we know now because we've gone through it and that's what brought us here.  Had we done things differently, it may have been better, or it may have been worse.  Who's to say?

That being said, if I knew years ago that I was going to get cancer, lose my job, and have to sell my house that I worked so hard to get, etc. I'd have just made my entire life a lot easier by not going back to college and working as a mechanic.  I truly loved that job.  There were a lot of things that sucked about it.  The pay was awful.  However, had I been making less for all these decades, I wouldn't have gone through the stress of going back to college (I got my first panic attacks there), I wouldn't have spent so much time and energy finding my current job, and once I had my current job that I was very happy with, and FINALLY started getting paid the money that I should have been getting for many years (the original owner wasn't one to pay anyone a lot of money, other than his engineers.  He even had a separate building built for them and you couldn't get in the building unless you were granted access.  He didn't want other departments employees bothering his engineers), only to come down with cancer and have it wiped away in one fell swoop wouldn't have happened.

There are some advantages that I have had that I wouldn't have had were I to have not taken this path, but if a gun was put to my head and I was asked to go back and do things differently and lose what advantages I've had by taking this path, I would choose to stay working as a mechanic back in the Boston area.

That way when I got cancer, it would have been easier and I wouldn't be wondering what I'm going to do with the rest of my life at age 59.

Just my $0.02.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 am

JimS_61 wrote:
Karen-B wrote:I have had the bone chilling feeling for the last few days that someone will attempt to assassinate Trump...from within the government....particularly if he wins the election. Anyone else having such thoughts or feelings???

I'm quite surprised that some libtard hasn't tried to kill him already.  I think if the gets reelected, that will put someone over the edge.

Jim, I have the feeling it will come within government if it were to happen. Obviously I pray it doesn't, and I'm not sure what triggered these thoughts. We've had presidents killed or attempted to be killed for less. I think the hatred for Trump is way beyond what we realize...within the deep state!!! That's where I think it will come from.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 am

JimS_61 wrote:
ARNELLE wrote:FYI.... I just made my picture smaller so it does not cover my posted words.

I can see that you made your picture smaller.  It wasn't covering up any text on my screen(s) from what I could tell.  Maybe your device(s)?

Anyway, I prefer Romeo bigger!! 😻

How do you make your picture smaller??? I would like to do mine!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 am

My computer has a very large screen. So most times when I am on the computer I have 2 screens open. Therefore they are each smaller.(Having a second screen open at the same time, squished them smaller and made the pics cover the words.) When I stretch this screen larger, the pictures do NOT cover the words...

Jim, I will go back and make Romeo larger 😹😻

In regard to the assignation of Trump --- if you remember back several years, everyone said the same thing about Obama and he is still alive.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:42 am

ARNELLE wrote:My computer has a very large screen. So most times when I am on the computer I have 2 screens open. Therefore they are each smaller.(Having a second screen open at the same time, squished them smaller and made the pics cover the words.) When I stretch this screen larger, the pictures do NOT cover the words...

Jim, I will go back and make Romeo larger 😹😻

In regard to the assignation of Trump --- if you remember back several years, everyone said the same thing about Obama and he is still alive.
The difference is that Obama wasn’t hated within the deep state(Intel Community in particular), much less by the media and and all the swamp denizens. The State Department thinks Trumps works for THEM!!! State and CIA hate that Trump doesn’t bow down to them and let them do whatever they want!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:53 am

Karen, very true, but I was just mentioning that there were also 'assassination' comments about Obama when he was President.... Maybe any individual who ran in the past years had the same comments made. (I am not that well-versed in US History to know if this happened.)
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:55 am

ARNELLE wrote:Karen, very true, but I was just mentioning that there were also 'assassination' comments about Obama when he was President.... Maybe any individual who ran in the past years had the same comments made. (I am not that well-versed in US History to know if this happened.)

There have been no comments made that I have heard of....this is just my own feelings bubbling up.
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty SMALLER PHOTOS

Post by Schefstad Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:55 pm

The photos being smaller would help because I'm usually on my cell phone and it's hard to figure out some of the conversation with some of the words covered. I won't be able to stay up to date on the site with my current schedule if I can't use my cell phone.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNELLE Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Lillian I know that the few time I have received text picture, I had to turn my phone sideways. That helped. Perhaps it would work with the photos as well.
ARNELLE
ARNELLE

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty Photos

Post by Schefstad Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

It's the member photo that is in the way of the words. It's not the photos in our posts.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:33 am

Schefstad wrote:It's the member photo that is in the way of the words. It's not the photos in our posts.

Just so I understand, what you're saying is the photo to the right is in the way of the words, but if I were to insert a photo here, in the text of this post, it would not block the words??

I'm trying to figure a lot of this stuff out.  It's dizzying. 😵
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:36 am

JimS_61 wrote:
Schefstad wrote:It's the member photo that is in the way of the words. It's not the photos in our posts.

Just so I understand, what you're saying is the photo to the right is in the way of the words, but if I were to insert a photo here, in the text of this post, it would not block the words??

I'm trying to figure a lot of this stuff out.  It's dizzying. 😵

Why is it when I have asked (several times now) about out to make pictures smaller...no one can answer that question???
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty Photo Size

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:57 am

Jim: Yes, it's the photo to the right (or left when I'm looking at my phone) that's blocking the words in the post. It's not any photo in the 'text' area of the post. If you log on from your cell I'm sure you will see the problem.

Karen: I don't know how to reduce the size of your photo. My avatar (and Bill's icon) are small enough not to block the posts so I haven't tried to reduce the size. I believe Arnelle was able to manipulate the size of her photo so maybe she can help.
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:00 am

Schefstad wrote:Jim: Yes, it's the photo to the right (or left when I'm looking at my phone) that's blocking the words in the post.  It's not any photo in the 'text' area of the post.  If you log on from your cell I'm sure you will see the problem.

Thanks.  I think I just had a lightbulb moment.

Schefstad wrote:Karen: I don't know how to reduce the size of your photo.  My avatar (and Bill's icon) are small enough not to block the posts so I haven't tried to reduce the size.  I believe Arnelle was able to manipulate the size of her photo so maybe she can help.

Karen, so as not to confuse things here, I will send you an email to your regular Verizon account with a screenshot that will explain.  I'm totally seeing what Lillian is talking about, I think.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:01 am

Quick reply here. Now that I have figured out what is likely the issue with Karen's photo, I see that mine is probably worse. I'll have to try and fix that.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

Schefstad wrote:I don't know how to reduce the size of your photo.  My avatar (and Bill's icon) are small enough not to block the posts so I haven't tried to reduce the size.  I believe Arnelle was able to manipulate the size of her photo so maybe she can help.
Lillian, I have shrunk the size of my image from 200x200 to 100x100, which is the size your image is. See if this clears it up. My image shouldn't block the text anymore.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Schefstad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Just Sayin’ - Page 3 Empty GREAT!

Post by Schefstad Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:19 am

Jim, that fixed the problem! Thank you!
Schefstad
Schefstad

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 pm

The president of Poland is visiting the WH today. About three weeks or so ago, Berlin was in a snit about the US was pulling soldiers out of their country, I said at the time, they were going to Poland. Today, I got to utter my very favorite words to CIA Boy...I TOLD YOU SO:joy::joy::joy: That’s one of the advantages of having friends in foreign countries...they tell you what is going on there and what the people are thinking. Poland is very grateful to the US for helping them become independent of Russia in regards to their fuel needs. When Rick Perry was still Energy Secretary and was visiting there, he asked if he could do anything for them. They told him what they needed in the areas of energy....Perry told them “You got it”. Poland then turned around and offered the US 80 million dollars to put a base there. It’s a good move with them sitting right on Russia’s border!!!
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen-B Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:02 pm

Jim, thank you for doing the ‘plastic nip and tuck surgery’ on my picture. I really appreciate the downsizing you did:kissing_heart::two_hearts:
Karen-B
Karen-B

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am

Karen-B wrote:Jim, thank you for doing the ‘plastic nip and tuck surgery’ on my picture. I really appreciate the downsizing you did

No problemo at all.  Glad you liked it.  I saw it right away when I logged on a few minutes ago.  Problem is, now I have to try and figure out why you got text:

😘💕

and

😂😂😂

I know what you were trying to do, but obviously something didn't work. Razz
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by JimS_61 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:26 am

Ok, this isn't good.  It worked for me when I tried to put what I saw.  And when I toggled the Editor Mode button, it still showed the text.
JimS_61
JimS_61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum